Garcinia cambogia extract 500 plus
An envelope <a href=" http://www.blogdojorgearagao.com.br/tag/bacabal/#receiver ">an i mix alcohol and viagra</a> Last week, Meir’s testimony was declassified for the first time in 40 years, but notably omitted all mention of her pivotal meeting in Tel Aviv with Jordan’s monarch in which he warned of war on two fronts.
Garcinia (hydroxycitric acid)
Scientific Name(s): Garcinia cambogia (Gaertn.) Desr. Family: Clusiaceae (Guttiferae)
Common Name(s): Malabar tamarind , hydroxycitric acid ( HCA )
The medical literature primarily documents weight loss and lipid-lowering activity for the plant. However, trials supporting its use are limited.
The dosages of G. cambogia extract in clinical trials ranged from 1,500 to 4,667 mg/day (25 to 78 mg/kg/day). The equivalent hydroxycitric acid (HCA) dose in the trials ranged from 900 to 2,800 mg/day (15 to 47 mg/kg/day). G. cambogia is available in capsule or tablet form with a maximum dose of 1,500 mg/day.
- Q & A
Avoid use if there is a known allergy or hypersensitivity to any components of G. cambogia .
Information regarding safety and efficacy in pregnancy and lactation is lacking.
The herb has documented drug interactions.
At least 15 clinical studies involving approximately 900 patients document very mild adverse reactions. Most adverse reactions included headache, dizziness, dry mouth, and GI complaints such as nausea and diarrhea.
Toxicology studies resulted in no toxicity or deaths in animals at dosages of HCA 5,000 mg/kg, equivalent to 350 g or 233 times the maximum dosage of 1.5 g/day of HCA. In patients taking certain combination weight-loss supplements containing G. cambogia , severe or even fatal hepatotoxicity may occur.
The genus Garcinia is mainly distributed in tropical regions and includes approximately 200 species. G. cambogia belongs to the family Guttiferae and is found in India, Malaysia, and Africa. G. cambogia is commonly found in evergreen or semievergreen forests of southwest India, where 36 other species have been documented. 1 , 2 The plant species has variability in its branching pattern, fruit color, shape, and size. 1 The tree is small-to-medium in size with drooping branches. The leaves are dark green and glossy, oval-shaped with a narrow end, 5 to 12 cm in length, and 2 to 7 cm around. The tree is tolerant to drought and flowers during the hot season. The yellow, orange, or red fruit ripens during the rainy season and contains HCA. It is ovoid in shape, 5 centimeters around, has 6 to 8 seeds, and is listed in the US Department of Agriculture inventory of perennial edible fruits. 2
Dried fruit rinds have been used extensively for centuries throughout Southeast Asia for culinary purposes as a condiment and flavoring agent in place of tamarind or lemon. Additional culinary uses include the flavoring of curries, meat, and seafood. The fruit extract has been used as a flavoring agent for beverages and gourmet spices, as well as a carminative, thereby helping to prevent the formation of gas in the GI tract after a meal. HCA and other organic acids from the dried rind combined with salt help lower pH and provide a bacteriostatic effect used in curing fish. The herb is considered beneficial for overall health in the traditional Ayurvedic medical system. Rheumatism and bowel complaints are treated with a decoction of the fruit rind. A rinse is used from the herbal extract in veterinary medicine for some diseases of the mouth in cattle. HCA has also become popular as an ingredient for weight loss. 2 , 3 , 4
HCA is the primary medicinal component contained in the fruit rinds of G. cambogia . 5 HCA is present as up to 30% by weight in the pericarp of G. cambogia fruit. 6 Xanthones, xanthone derivatives, and polyisoprenylated benzophenones have been isolated. 6 , 7 Some salts used in commercial products are water soluble and bioavailable, and are a good source of calcium (495 mg) and potassium (720 mg). 8 Studies also document interest in production of HCA by using microorganisms. 9 , 10
Uses and Pharmacology
The medical literature primarily documents research on the weight loss and lipid-lowering activity of the plant.
In vitro and animal data
In 2 experiments using the human hepatoma cell line HepG2, overnight exposure to G. cambogia extract caused an upregulation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor activity and an upregulation of the level of HMG-CoA reductase resulting in decreased cholesterol synthesis. 11 Flavonoids from the plant reduced lipid levels in normal and hypercholesterolemic rats. 7 Reductions were also documented in triglycerides, phospholipids, and free fatty acids. The mechanism of action for the flavonoids may involve: (1) reducing the rate of lipogenesis by reducing the activities of lipogenic enzymes, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, and isocitrate dehydrogenase; and (2) increasing the rate of degradation of cholesterol leading to higher levels of hepatic and fecal bile acids, as well as neutral sterols in rats treated with the herb. While dexamethasone typically elevates lipid profiles, G. cambogia extract maintained normal lipid levels in rats administered dexamethasone. 12
In a 4-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 150 obese patients were treated with a dietary supplement ( G. cambogia extract 55 mg, chitosan 240 mg, and chrome 19 mg) together with a weight reduction regimen. Treatment groups administered the dietary supplement showed statistically significant dose-related reductions in weight, total and LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides, and improvement in high density lipoprotein cholesterol. 13
The suggested mechanism of action involves HCA-inhibiting lipogenesis, increasing lipid oxidation, and reducing food intake. 3 , 14
A study in obese rats found high doses of HCA-containing G. cambogia (154 mmol HCA/kg diet) effective in suppressing epididymal adipose tissue. This same study also found testicular atrophy and toxicity at dosages of 778 mg HCA/kg body weight/day (102 mmol HCA/kg diet) and higher. 4 Another study in rats administered a high-fat diet and a mixture of G. cambogia extract, soypeptide, and L-carnitine, led to a reduction in body weight and accumulation of visceral fat mass. 15 The mixture also improved blood and hepatic lipid concentrations or the induced dyslipidemia in the rats. Other combination products with G. cambogia are also effective in reducing weight gain and improving dyslipidemia, hyperinsulinemia, hyperleptinemia, and fatty liver in mice. 16 The antiobesity effect involves modulation of several genes associated with visceral adipogenesis. One study in adult, nonobese cats found no effect on fat-free mass or energy expenditure. 17
In an 8-week randomized clinical trial, 40 patients were given either placebo or G. cambogia extract (500 mg/capsule) by mouth before each meal. Patients administered the extract exhibited weight loss and improvement in cholesterol and triglycerides when compared with the placebo group. 2
In a 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 40 obese patients were treated with a combination supplement containing G. cambogia 50 mg as well as a 1,200 calorie diet per day. Two tablets of the supplement were taken by mouth 3 times a day after meals. The treatment group attained a 3.5 kg weight loss versus 1.2 kg on placebo, and a more than 85% reduction in fat loss in body composition measurements. The majority of the active group participants did not follow the diet regimen. 18
In a 12-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group trial, 89 mildly overweight women were treated with a 1,200 kcal diet along with 2 caplets of G. cambogia 400 mg or matched placebo 3 times a day before each meal. At the end of the trial, both groups lost weight, but the treatment group achieved greater reduction in body weight. G. cambogia had no effect on appetitive variables. 14
Numerous studies document the safety profile of the calcium-potassium double salt of 60% HCA preparation (HCA-SX), as well as its bioavailability and efficacy in helping patients attain a healthy body weight. 3 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 23
An 8-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study examined the efficacy of HCA-SX in 54 overweight patients. The treatment group was administered a combination supplement containing G. cambogia 500 mg 3 times a day while the control group received the placebo. All patients were asked to maintain a low-fat diet and drink 64 oz of water per day. The treatment group lost an average weight of 11.14 lb/person as compared with the control group, which lost an average of 4.2 lb/person. 19
Another 8-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study examined the efficacy of HCA in 60 obese patients. The dosage regimen for HCA was 400 mg 3 times a day before each meal.
Saan ba makakabili ng burn slim sa cebu Please contact 0977-104-9960 pwed po ba 1 tablet a day?Im on gym for a week gusto ko sabayan nito for faster result..thanks sir saang authorized dealer ito pwede mabili ano po address at magkano po per box.
All patients were on a low-fat diet and also instructed to exercise 3 times a week. Results indicated weight loss for the experimental group compared with the placebo group and that 87% of the weight loss in the HCA group was because of fat loss. Appetite scores were also reduced in the HCA-treated group. 19
Visceral, subcutaneous, and total fat accumulation were reduced in 39 patients over 16 weeks in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. The dosage regimen included HCA 1,000 mg/day versus placebo. At the end of the treatment, both groups were administered placebo for 4 weeks and no rebound effect was documented. 24
Another clinical study documented that treatment with HCA failed to produce weight change and fat mass change in patients. 25 However, the design of the clinical trial, the lack of bioavailability, and dosage of HCA used have been criticized. 2
Other pharmacologic activity
Some studies found that supplementation with G. cambogia can reduce oxidative damage. 26
The fruit contains xanthones, which inhibit pre-neoplastic lesions in mammary and colon cancer. The xanthones may also induce apoptosis in mouth, leukemia, breast, gastric, and lung cancer cell lines in vitro. 27
Glucose metabolism may be improved by lowering serum insulin levels in mice treated with G. cambogia . Leptin is a hormone associated with appetite control. G. cambogia may have leptin-like activity as mice treated with G. cambogia had decreased serum leptin levels and a reduced leptin/white adipose tissue ratio. 28 HCA treatment delayed and reduced intestinal glucose absorption in rats; the treatment causes delayed intestinal absorption of glucose rather than delayed gastric emptying. 29
HCA promoted lipid oxidation and reduced carbohydrate use in mice at rest and during running. 30 The utilization of respiratory gases was reduced for mice treated with HCA at rest and during exercise. Some studies on herbal coffee supplements with HCA showed an increase in resting energy expenditure to enhance metabolic rates and promote weight and fat loss. 31 , 32
Antiulcer activity was observed against induced gastric mucosal injury in rats with pretreatment of G. cambogia extract that decreased volume and acidity of gastric juice. 33 A similar study in rats found activity against indomethacin-induced gastric ulcers. 34 The anti-inflammatory activity of G. cambogia protected against induced colitis in rats. 35
Red blood cell count
A G. cambogia extract caused an increase in the red blood cell (RBC) count in rat tissue. The activity may be (1) associated with the iron in G. cambogia , as iron is an erythropoietic agent; (2) antioxidant activity and may decrease the rate of oxidant-induced hemolysis, which increases the life span of the RBC; or (3) the content of bioflavonoids in the plant, which may increase the level of peripheral testosterone, which can stimulate erythropoiesis in humans. 36
The dosages of G. cambogia extract in clinical trials ranged from 1,500 to 4,667 mg/day (25 to 78 mg/kg/day). The equivalent HCA dose in the trials ranged from 900 to 2,800 mg/day (15 to 47 mg/kg/day). 2 , 14 , 18 , 19 , 23 , 24 , 25 G. cambogia is available in capsule or tablet form with a maximum dose of 1,500 mg/day.
Due to lack of clinical and scientific information, use should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation. One animal study in rats documented decreased maternal body weight gain during gestation. 37
In patients taking medications for diabetes by mouth or insulin, G. cambogia may lower blood sugar levels. 28 , 29
G. cambogia contains iron and thus may have additive adverse reactions for patients taking medications for anemia. 36
Potassium and calcium supplements
Some commercial G. cambogia products contain adequate amounts of potassium and calcium. 8 Caution is advised for patients taking medications for heart disease, high blood pressure, or arrhythmia while supplementing with any product containing this herb.
A mouse study using a commercial polyherbal product containing G. cambogia found a potential serotonergic effect on food intake. Caution is advised for patients being treated for pain or taking medications for any psychiatric condition. 38
Singulair (or leukotriene receptor antagonists)
One case report documented fatal liver failure in a patient taking Singulair and 2 dietary supplements, one of which included G. cambogia and citrus derivatives. 39
A case report of rhabdomyolysisis is documented in a patient taking a combination herbal medicine containing G. cambogia . 40
In one case report, the international normalized ratio of a patient returned to normal after he stopped taking a combination herbal product containing G. cambogia . 41
A total of 15 clinical studies involving approximately 900 patients documented very mild adverse reactions. Most adverse reactions included headache, dizziness, dry mouth, and GI complaints such as nausea and diarrhea. 2 , 42
Toxicology studies resulted in no toxicity or deaths in animals at HCA dosages of 5,000 mg/kg, equivalent to 350 g or 233 times the maximum dose of 1.5 g/day of HCA. 5 In patients taking certain combination weight-loss supplements containing G. cambogia , severe or even fatal hepatotoxicity may occur. 43 , 44 Some animal studies document testicular toxicity, 4 , 45 while other studies do not. 46 , 47
No unusual electrocardiographic effects (QTc interval or other electrocardiograph variables) were seen over 5 hours in patients taking half the recommended dose of a multicomponent weight loss supplement containing G. cambogia . 48 Patients receiving G. cambogia extract (1,667.3 mg/kg equivalent to 1,000 mg HCA/day) for 12 weeks exhibited no reproductive toxicity on serum testosterone, estrone, and estradiol levels. 49
2. Soni MG, Burdock GA, Preuss HG, Stohs SJ, Ohia SE, Bagchi D. Safety assessment of (-)-hydroxycitric acid and Super CitriMax, a novel calcium/potassium salt. Food Chem Toxicol . 2004;42(9):1513-1529.
3. Ohia SE, Opere CA, LeDay AM, Bagchi M, Bagchi D, Stohs SJ. Safety and mechanism of appetite suppression by a novel hydroxycitric acid extract (HCA-SX). Mol Cell Biochem . 2002;238(1-2):89-103.
4. Saito M, Ueno M, Ogino S, Kubo K, Nagata J, Takeuchi M. High dose of Garcinia cambogia is effective in suppressing fat accumulation in developing male Zucker obese rats, but highly toxic to the testis. Food Chem Toxicol . 2005;43(3):411-419.
5. Jena BS, Jayaprakasha GK, Singh RP, Sakariah KK. Chemistry and biochemistry of (-)-hydroxycitric acid from Garcinia . J Agric Food Chem . 2002;50(1):10-22.
6. Masullo M, Bassarello C, Suzuki H, Pizza C, Piacente S. Polyisoprenylated benzophenones and an unusual polyisoprenylated tetracyclic xanthone from the fruits of Garcinia cambogia . J Agric Food Chem . 2008;56(13):5205-5210.
7. Koshy AS, Anila L, Vijayalakshmi NR. Flavonoids from Garcinia cambogia lower lipid levels in hypercholesterolemic rats. Food Chem . 2001;72(3):289-294.
8. Downs BW, Bagchi M, Subbaraju GV, Shara MA, Preuss HG, Bagchi D. Bioefficacy of a novel calcium-potassium salt of (-)-hydroxycitric acid. Mutat Res . 2005;579(1-2):149-162.
9. Hida H, Yamada T, Yamada Y. Production of hydroxycitric acid by microorganisms. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem . 2005;69(8):1555-1561.
10. Yamada T, Hida H, Yamada Y. Chemistry, physiological properties, and microbial production of hydroxycitric acid. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol . 2007;75(5):977-982.
11. Berkhout TA, Havekes LM, Pearce NJ, Groot PH. The effect of (-)-hydroxycitrate on the activity of the low-density-lipoprotein receptor and 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase levels in the human hepatoma cell line Hep G2. Biochem J . 1990;272(1):181-186.
12. Mahendran P, Devi CS. Effect of Garcinia cambogia extract on lipids and lipoprotein composition in dexamethasone administered rats. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol . 2001;45(3):345-350.
13. Girola M, De Bernardi M, Contos S, et al. Dose effect in lipid-lowering activity of a new dietary integrator (chitosan), Garcinia combogia extract and chrome.
This period begins once your order is complete and ends 7 days after the Goods have been delivered.
This is obviously not a desirable way to do things if you are looking to get serious results- but the great thing about Garcinia is that the HCA starts working quickly in your body to block the processes that turn a large amount of these compounds into fats.
Acta Toxicol Ther . 1996;17(1):25-40.
14. Mattes RD, Bormann L. Effects of (-)-hydroxycitric acid on appetitive variables. Physiol Behav . 2000;71(1-2):87-94.
15. Kim YJ, Kim KY, Kim MS, Lee JH, Lee KP, Park T. A mixture of the aqueous extract of Garcinia cambogia , soy peptide and L: -carnitine reduces the accumulation of visceral fat mass in rats rendered obese by a high fat diet. Genes Nutr . 2008;2(4):353-358.
16. Kim KY, Lee HN, Kim YJ, Park T. Garcinia cambogia extract ameliorates visceral adiposity in C57BL/6J mice fed on a high-fat diet. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem . 2008;72(7):1772-1780.
17. Leray V, Dumon H, Martin L, et al. No effect of conjugated linoleic acid or Garcinia cambogia on fat-free mass, and energy expenditure in normal cats. J Nutr . 2006;136(suppl 7):1982S-1984S.
18. Thom E. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of a new weight-reducing agent of natural origin. J Int Med Res . 2000;28(5):229-233.
19. Lau FC, Bagchi M, Sen C, Roy S, Bagchi D. Nutrigenomic analysis of diet-gene interactions on functional supplements for weight management. Curr Genomics . 2008;9(4):239-251.
20. Talpur N, Echard BW, Yasmin T, Bagchi D, Preuss HG. Effects of niacin-bound chromium, Maitake mushroom fraction SX and (-)-hydroxycitric acid on the metabolic syndrome in aged diabetic Zucker fatty rats. Mol Cell Biochem . 2003;252(1-2):369-377.
21. Bagchi D, Deshmukh NS, Soni MG, Bagchi M. Safety of a novel calcium/potassium salt of (-)-hydroxycitric acid: I. Two generation reproduction toxicity study. Toxicol Lett . 2007;172(suppl 1):S190.
22. Asghar M, Monjok E, Kouamou G, Ohia SE, Bagchi D, Lokhandwala MF. Super CitriMax (HCA-SX) attenuates increases in oxidative stress, inflammation, insulin resistance, and body weight in developing obese Zucker rats. Mol Cell Biochem . 2007;304(1-2):93-99.
23. Preuss HG, Rao CV, Garis R, et al. An overview of the safety and efficacy of a novel, natural(-)-hydroxycitric acid extract (HCA-SX) for weight management. J Med . 2004;35(1-6):33-48.
24. Hayamizu K, Ishii Y, Kaneko I, et al. Effects of Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) on visceral fat accumulation: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. CurrTher Res Clin Exp . 2003;64(8):551-567.
25. Heymsfield SB, Allison DB, Vasselli JR, Pietrobelli A, Greenfield D, Nunez C. Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA . 1998;280(18):1596-1600.
26. Yonei Y, Takahashi Y, Hibino S, Watanabe M, Yoshioka T. Effects on the human body of a dietary supplement containing L-carnitine and Garcinia cambogia extract: a study using double-blind tests. J Clin Biochem Nutr . 2008;42(2):89-103.
27. Mazzio EA, Soliman KF. In vitro screening for the tumoricidal properties of international medicinal herbs. Phytother Res . 2009;23(3):385-398.
28. Hayamizu K, Hirakawa H, Oikawa D, et al. Effect of Garcinia cambogia extract on serum leptin and insulin in mice. Fitoterapia . 2003;74(3):267-273.
29. Wielinga PY, Wachters-Hagedoorn RE, Bouter B, et al. Hydroxycitric acid delays intestinal glucose absorption in rats. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol . 2005;288(6):G1144-G1149.
30. Ishihara K, Oyaizu S, Onuki K, Lim K, Fushiki T. Chronic (-)-hydroxycitrate administration spares carbohydrate utilization and promotes lipid oxidation during exercise in mice. J Nutr . 2000;130(12):2990-2995.
31. Hoffman JR, Kang J, Ratamess NA, Jennings PF, Mangine G, Faigenbaum AD. Thermogenic effect from nutritionally enriched coffee consumption. J Int Soc Sports Nutr . 2006;3:35-41.
32. Taylor LW, Wilborn CD, Harvey T, Wismann J, Willoughby DS. Acute effects of ingesting Java Fittrade mark energy extreme functional coffee on resting energy expenditure and hemodynamic responses in male and female coffee drinkers. J Int Soc Sports Nutr . 2007;4:10.
33. Mahendran P, Sabitha KE, Devi CS. Prevention of HCl-ethanol induced gastric mucosal injury in rats by Garcinia cambogia extract and its possible mechanism of action. Indian J Exp Biol . 2002;40(1):58-62.
34. Mahendran P, Vanisree AJ, Shyamala Devi CS. The antiulcer activity of Garcinia cambogia extract against indomethacin-induced gastric ulcer in rats. Phytother Res . 2002;16(1):80-83.
35. dos Reis SB, de Oliveira CC, Acedo SC, et al. Attenuation of colitis injury in rats using Garcinia cambogia extract. Phytother Res . 2009;23(3):324-329.
36. Oluyemi KA, Omotuyi IO, Jimoh OR, Adesanya OA, Saalu CL, Josiah SJ. Erythropoietic and anti-obesity effects of Garcinia cambogia (bitter kola) in Wistar rats. Biotechnol Appl Biochem . 2007;46(pt 1):69-72.
37. Deshmukh NS, Bagchi M, Yasmin T, Bagchi D. Safety of a novel calcium/potassium salt of (-) hydroxycitric acid (HCA-SX): II. Developmental toxicity study in rats. Toxicol Mech Methods . 2008;18(5):443-451.
38. Kaur G, Kulkarni SK. Investigations on possible serotonergic involvement in effects of OB-200G (polyherbal preparation) on food intake in female mice. Eur J Nutr . 2001;40(3):127-133.
39. Actis GC, Bugianesi E, Ottobrelli A, Rizzetto M. Fatal liver failure following food supplements during chronic treatment with montelukast. Dig Liver Dis . 2007;39(10):953-955.
40. Mansi IA, Huang J. Rhabdomyolysis in response to weight-loss herbal medicine. [Published correction appears in: Am J Med Sci . 2004;328(2):129.] Am J Med Sci . 2004;327(6):356-357.
41. Ferris DJ. Interaction between warfarin and Garcinia cambogia (Fat Burner); a case report. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting . 38(DEC): p P-404(D). 2003.
42. Pittler MH, Schmidt K, Ernst E. Adverse events of herbal food supplements for body weight reduction: systematic review. Obes Rev . 2005;6(2):93-111.
43. Shim M, Saab S. Severe hepatotoxicity due to Hydroxycut: a case report. Dig Dis Sci . 2009;54(2):406-408.
44. Lobb A. Hepatoxicity associated with weight-loss supplements: a case for better post-marketing surveillance. World J Gastroenterol . 2009;15(14):1786-1787.
45. Anno T, Oono H, Tamura K. Improvement of testicular toxicity in F/344DuCrj male rats fed Ca-type Garcinia cambogia extract by zinc supplemented diets. Nippon Shokuhin Kagaku Gakkaishi . 2005;12(3):121-127.
46. Shara M, Ohia SE, Yasmin T, et al. Dose- and time-dependent effects of a novel (-)-hydroxycitric acid extract on body weight, hepatic and testicular lipid peroxidation, DNA fragmentation and histopathological data over a period of 90 days. Mol Cell Biochem . 2003;254(1-2):339-346.
47. Burdock G, Soni M, Bagchi M, Bagchi D. Garcinia cambogia toxicity is misleading. [Published correction appears in: Food Chem Toxicol . 2007;45(3):515.] Food Chem Toxicol . 2005;43(11):1683-1684; author reply 1685-1686.
48. Min B, McBride BF, Kardas MJ, et al. Electrocardiographic effects of an ephedra-free, multicomponent weight-loss supplement in healthy volunteers. Pharmacotherapy . 2005;25(5):654-659.
49. Hayamizu K, Tomi H, Kaneko I, Shen M, Soni MG, Yoshino G. Effects of Garcinia cambogia extract on serum sex hormones in overweight subjects. Fitoterapia . 2008;79(4):255-261.
Copyright © 2009 Wolters Kluwer Health
Garcinia cambogia extract 500 plus
Garcinia Cambogia: The Newest, Fastest Fat Burner?
If you’ve been trying to lose weight, you’ve most likely heard of garcinia cambogia – a fruit believed to hold the very key to healthy weight loss. If you’ve never considered using garcinia cambogia extract supplements for weight loss before, then it’s about time you should.
Garcinia cambogia is a tropical fruit found in the countries of Southeast Asia. People who live in the region have long used this incredible tiny fruit to make dishes more filling. Western scientists who encountered the fruit, decided to study its weight loss abilities and discovered that the rind contains massive amounts of HCA – which is short for Hydroxycitric Acid.
HCA is the very key ingredient why garcinia cambogia supplements are making a massive name in the weight loss industry today. HCA is known to suppress appetite and prevent your body from making fat tissues – leading to fast and effective weight loss done through the most natural and safest way possible.
Why Is Garcinia Cambogia So Popular?
In the world of natural weight loss solutions, no other name surpasses garcinia cambogia as the most recommended and most effective natural weight loss supplement in the market.
Garcinia cambogia came into national consciousness through the efforts of Dr.
Not surprisingly, the research they pay for often finds mixed results, with some studies showing positive effects for Garcinia Cambogia and some not.
Oz – the most famous doctor on TV today. Immensely impressed by recent scientific research, he dubbed garcinia cambogia as the “holy grail” to beat weight gain.
Immediately after featuring the supplement in his show, tens of thousands of individuals around the country decided to use the supplement to combat excess weight and keep the weight away.
And because it’s 100% all-natural and truly effective in weight loss even without the help of diet and exercise, garcinia cambogia has become the best selling and most recommended natural weight loss supplement in the industry today.
How Garcinia Cambogia Extract Helps for Weight Loss
Garcinia cambogia supplements work through the mechanisms of HCA – the very key ingredient that makes the extract a powerful weight loss solution.
It somehow uses your own body’s chemicals to combat weight gain, giving you natural and healthy weight loss from the inside out.
HCA works through two main mechanisms: Suppression of Appetite and Fat Production Prevention.
1. Suppression of Appetite
One of the main reasons why people can’t seem to lose weight is because they can’t control what they eat, and the volume of food that they eat. It’s a sad fact that appetite is one of the hardest things to control.
HCA helps you lower your food consumption by making your body feel full even when you’ve only had little to eat. This means you get to say goodbye to cravings such as sweets and salty foods, say goodbye to emotional and binge eating and say hello to smaller portions each and every time.
HCA helps you eat only the amount of food that your body needs, and nothing more – helping you lose excess weight and maintain a healthy daily calorie intake.
2. Fat Production Prevention
Whenever you eat carbohydrates, your body converts them into energy. Now when you don’t use this energy, a certain enzyme named citrate lyase converts these carbohydrates into fat tissues – giving you not just weight gain, but nasty fat tissues that go to your stomach, arms, thighs, and all the other parts of the body that accumulate fat.
When you take HCA, this enzyme will no longer work. HCA inhibits citrate lyase and the entire process of fat production will no longer exist – giving you effective fat production prevention done in the most natural way possible.
Helping you ward off cravings and fat production, garcinia cambogia is an all-natural supplement giving your body natural methods to combat excess fat and weight.
Studies that Prove Garcinia Cambogia’s Effectiveness
Several studies on garcinia cambogia can be found at the website of the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
One of these studies was done by Downs, BW, Bagchi M, and others in November of 2005.
The study, entitled “ Bioefficacy of a novel calcium-potassium salt of HCA ,” proved that HCA, together with potassium and calcium, results to increased serotonin availability, reduced appetite, increased fat oxidation, increased blood lipid levels, reduced body weight, and the modulation of a number of obesity regulatory genes.
Another study was done on May 2004 – Preuss, HG, and others conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled human clinical study in Elluru, India over the period of 8 weeks. The subjects were 60 moderately-obese individuals aged 21 to 50 years old.
This group of people were divided into 3: Group 1 took HCA, Group 2 took niacin-bound HCA, and Group 3 took placebo pills.
At the end of the study, the researchers discovered that both Groups 1 and 2 had reduced body weight, reduced body mass index, reduced food intake, and reduced total cholesterol.
Preuss and others then concluded that optimal doses of HCA can serve as a potentially safe and effective weight loss formula that can facilitate effective reductions in both excess body weight and body mass index.
Does It Have Any Side Effects?
There have been reports of nausea and stomach upsets from actual users, but severe side effects have not occurred. Users who do experience side effects may have used products that contained other ingredients aside from HCA and/or potassium and calcium.
Because garcinia cambogia is so popular, literally tens of thousands of garcinia cambogia products have popped up in the market. And because you don’t need to have a prescription to buy one, it’s so easy to purchase these supplements from just about anywhere and from anyone.
It’s very important that you equip yourself with the knowledge and qualifications of what a top quality and effective garcinia cambogia product is so you know you’re getting an authentic product that’s safe and most of all, effective.
Are Garcinia Cambogia Products Made the Same?
The answer to this is no. There are literally thousands of garcinia cambogia products out there but only a small number really do stand out in the market.
Dr. Oz emphasized the importance of certain requirements of a top quality garcinia cambogia supplement. When you look for a product, the following qualifications are a definite must:
- The product must contain at least 50% pure HCA concentration
- It must have the label “HCA” or “Garcinia Cambogia” on the bottle
- It must contain 100% all natural ingredients
- Each capsule must have at least 500mg of dosage
- The product must be made in FDA-registered and GMP-certified laboratories
If a certain garcinia cambogia brand adheres to these requirements, then you know you have a top quality product that’s safe, healthy, and truly effective.
Where to Buy Garcinia Cambogia
The supplements we recommend here are available through retail stores or exclusively online. One of our bestselling and top recommended products is Garcinia Cambogia Extra , satisfying thousands of users!
Meeting all these qualifications is Garcinia Cambogia Extra – is made in FDA registered and cGMP-certified laboratories, ensuring you that each and every capsule satisfies the manufacturing, testing, and quality assurance of Good Manufacturing Practices.
With 60% HCA in every dosage, Garcinia Cambogia Extra is one the top garcinia cambogia product to try today.
They are only available through their official website, so head to Garcinia Cambogia Extra and choose from these 3 packages:
Worldwide Shipping Available!
- Order 1 bottle (1 Month Supply) for $49.95! Lose up to 10 lbs
- Order 2 bottles and get 1 bottle FREE($33.00 each, $99.95 total)! Lose up to 20 lbs
- Garcinia Cambogia Extra’s BEST SELLING PACKAGE. Order 3 bottles and get 2 bottles FREE ($29.00 each, $149.95 total)! Lose up to 30 lbs
ALL ORDERS come with 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! Garcinia cambogia is a dosage-based supplement, which means the more you use, the more weight you’ll lose. Choose from these 3 package options and start your weight loss journey today.
Garcinia Cambogia Slim Review - 17 Things You Need to Know
Weight-loss circles often refer to Garcinia Cambogia. So, our in-depth review concentrated on Garcinia Cambogia Slim side effects, ingredients, and scientific studies. Additionally, we focused on hundreds of user comments and experiences posted online. Finally, we summarized and refined to give you the info you need.
Garcinia Cambogia Slim can be purchased through Amazon.
What Is Garcinia Slim?
Garcinia Slim or Slim Garcinia is a popular dietary supplement that claims that it can help suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
The supplement has not been around on the market for long and has still managed to gain popularity because of its major ingredient Garcinia Cambogia.
It is made from some of the common ingredients used in weight loss supplements and appetite suppressors, such as cayenne pepper, green tea, dandelion, uva ursi, white willow, guarana, chromium, and caffeine.
Even though it has some synthetic elements as well, the product claims that it helps the consumers lose weight in a natural manner.
Products Similar to Garcinia Cambogia Slim
This is how much it costs to start on the respective program.
Effects of Garcinia cambogia extract on serum sex hormones in overweight subjects.
We always recommend trying a product before making a large investment.
- = Initial product cost is less than $5
- = Initial product cost is between $6 and $50
- = Initial product cost is between $51 and $150
- = Initial product cost is $151 or more
How Did Garcinia Slim Start?
The product was introduced in the market by the company JaDera in the year 2014.
JaDera is a popular firm and has several dietary supplements of its own.
JaDera introduced Garcinia Slim at the same time when Garcinia Cambogia – the ‘miracle’ plant – was gaining popularity as the weight loss magic pill.
As a result, the company could market the product well, gaining both consumer attention and popularity.
The product was introduced as a revolutionary dietary supplement that would allow any individual to drop the extra weight at a rapid pace, without ever going through the tough physical workouts or common side effects.
Scroll below for one of the best products we’ve seen over the last year.
Garcinia Slim Claims
Slim Garcinia manufacturing company claims that it has provided the best possible 20-day formula that will not only help the consumers lose weight at a fast rate, but would also help them in keeping ample energy levels for increased physical workouts.
The company claims it has offered the consumers with a unique formula of thermogenic and diuretic herbs blended together, which helps in increasing the metabolic rate.
One of the major claims of the company is that unlike other dietary supplements or weight loss products, their product delivers significant results in shorter periods of time.
Garcinia Slim Ingredients
The ingredients of slim Garcinia Cambogia contain both natural and synthetic additives.
However, the major ingredient is, of course, Garcinia Cambogia itself.
Garcinia Cambogia has been one of the most popular weight loss plant extracts that have been used by several weight loss supplements on the market.
Here is a closer look at the ingredients of this product:
Popularly known as the Malabar tamarind, the Garcinia Cambogia is the major ingredient in the product Garcinia Slim.
In some of the studies, it was found that the HCA or hydroxycitric acid present in the Garcinia Cambogia can help in ceasing fat generation in the body while cutting down on the excess stored fat.
It has also been shown in some animal studies that Garcinia Cambogia helps in cutting down blood sugar as well as high cholesterol. On paper, it does seem Garcinia Cambogia is the natural weight loss aid that has the least amount of side effects. 
The Green Tea extracts are very popular antioxidants that are believed as beneficial for removing the body’s waste, cleansing it from within.
Not only that, Green tea has also been associated with weight loss. It is claimed that it helps in increasing mental alertness. However, in the past few years, several side effects of the green tea extract have come to light.
Even though it is present in trace amounts, the cayenne pepper has been found to have properties that can not only decrease or suppress appetite but also intensify weight loss by burning more calories.
It has been claimed that Cayenne pepper usually works better for people who are not used to eating it. 
Caffeine is found to have been beneficial in increasing the metabolism of the consumer. Increased metabolic rate increases energy and helps in using up the stores fat in the body.
Believed to be the potential treatment for several conditions, the willow bark is now a major ingredient in several weight loss supplements.
Combined with the Garcinia Cambogia, the ingredient is claimed to ease body pain while the individual undertakes more activities during the weight loss regime.
Dandelion is considered to be densely packed with several nutrients that replenish the body with lost powerhouses.
Chromium is believed to curb the blood sugar levels in an individual and suppress any craving for carbohydrates, helping in keeping fat levels in check.  
Does Garcinia Slim Work?
Even though Garcinia Slim gained quite the popularity after the talk show host Dr. Oz promoted Garcinia Cambogia several times, the consumers of the product differed on their progress/ineffectiveness.
The product has been effective for only a select few individuals who have maintained their diet and have been following regular exercise as a part of their daily routine.
Even though no documented human trial or study has been presented, the study on rats has shown that with the intake of Garcinia Cambogia, weight loss was in fact accelerated.
However, it is still quite tough to say whether this garcinia slim dr oz product works for weight loss or not. The fact that this is a natural food extract is commendable but with no evidence, it is difficult to decide whether it works for weight loss or not.  
Garcinia Slim Benefits and Results
As claimed by the company, there are several benefits of Garcinia Cambogia slim if taken in the right amounts. The product apparently can suppress appetite, curb the craving for sweets or carbohydrates, stop the generation of fat tissues or cells, and helps in burning of stored fat. With green tea extract, it keeps the body and mind fresh for an increased level of activeness as well as energy.
None of these claimed benefits have been proven to be true or are backed by any scientific study. Garcinia, on the other hand, has been under study by NCBI with inconclusive results. 
Details On Garcinia Slim and Weight Loss
The different Slim Garcinia reviews, as well as huge claims made by the company, show that under strict diet and exercise routine, individuals are able to lose weight.
However, people who did not follow the instructions to the word failed to observe any difference.
Garcinia Cambogia, Cayenne pepper, Green Tea extracts and Chromium are known to be good for weight loss regimes in which appetite needs to be suppressed.
There are people who claim to have been a part of the success story, having lost their weight within just three weeks. But these claims, as well as reviews, could not be verified.
Sadly, no further information from any prominent source or reliable study could be found, which could suggest that this product in weight loss. 
How To Use (Take) Garcinia Slim
The company has recommended that Garcinia Slim should be taken twice a day and no more than that. It is preferred that the one takes it with a glass of warm water around an hour before the meal.
The dosage of the Garcinia Cambogia should not be below 500 mg and should not exceed 1000 mg per day. This ensures the best results within the targeted time of 4-6 weeks. 
When To Take Garcinia Slim For Best Results?
The Garcinia Slim should be taken 30-60 minutes before the meal on an empty stomach. Consuming the capsules or pills on an empty stomach helps in burning the stored fat in the body.
Not only that, the appetite suppressor is claimed to work best at this time, making sure that the consumer does not overeat to cause bloating or digestive issues.
Garcinia Slim Side Effects
Garcinia is a natural product and hence, finding pure garcinia slim side effects was quite the tough job.
However, we did find out that that there are a few people who have reported to have been diagnosed with serious liver problems from taking Garcinia Cambogia over a long period of time.
Some of the other major side effects which were discovered by some consumers were bad breath, skin rashes, weakness, lightheadedness, brain fog, diarrhea, etc.
Thus, there are several slim Garcinia Cambogia side effects. However, none of these have been officially registered.
Even though FDA had banned one of the dietary supplements containing Garcinia in 2009, Garcinia Slim and several others still claim it to be safe and effective.
Other ingredients of the product such as caffeine and green tea extract are known to cause irregular heartbeats, headaches, frequent vomiting, digestion issues, insomnia, etc.
Garcinia Slim Product Warnings
Garcinia Slim or JaDera has not yet disclosed any set of warnings for anyone.
Vita Balance Inc reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
In independent studies, it was found that Garcinia Cambogia can react badly with insulin. Hence, it is not recommended for patients with Type 2 Diabetes looking to lose weight.
Also, it is not recommended for lactating mothers or pregnant women because of potential side effects that can be caused to the infant/fetus.
Garcinia Slim Customer Reviews
There have been only a few Garcinia slim reviews where the consumers have not just appreciated but backed the company in its claim that Garcinia Slim is, in fact, the ‘miracle product’ that has helped them achieve weight loss in the very short period of time.
These individuals say that they have not yet found a better product that has served the purpose and delivered on its claim.
On the other hand, there are reviews from both consumers as well as fitness experts who claim that the product is a part of a huge scam and they failed to see any change being made in the weight even after having consumed the product for a month as directed by the company.
Slim Garcinia Reviews For Ineffectiveness
It is quite unfortunate that even though Garcinia Cambogia is being used as a major ingredient even several weight loss supplements, there are consumers who have not yet been able to lose any weight after having used the product on a daily basis.
Some of these consumers claim that they have been using the supplement for months in the manner as recommended by the company itself and have not observed any noteworthy change in their weight or size.
Lack of credibility on both types of reviews from the customers sadly leaves things to the ambiguous here.
The Reputation Of Slim Garcinia Cambogia
Going through the Garcinia Cambogia slim reviews from several customers over the years and then cross-referencing the controversies as well as lawsuits faced by similar dietary supplements, it is clear that the reputation of the pure Garcinia Cambogia slim has declined over the past few months.
TheSlim Garcinia Cambogia side effects, as well as its ineffectiveness in weight loss, has attracted lawsuits as well, with the famous talk show presenter Dr. Oz being blamed for promoting such a supplement.
Foods Allowed With Pure Garcinia Slim
When you consume Garcinia X Slim, a strict diet should be followed apart from the regular exercise that you do so that you can see significant weight loss changes.
It is better to be on a vegetative diet with low animal protein while using the product.
The company claims that one should be on a healthy diet (not detailed).
According to the fitness trainers who recommend the product, one should follow a high protein and nutrient diet with the minimum amount of carbohydrate intake that would fuel burning of fat.
Food To Avoid With Pure Garcinia Slim
In order to avoid Garcinia Cambogia slim side effects, it is important that some of the food items not be taken.
First off, all heavy snacks and junk food should be avoided at all costs.
Garcinia Cambogia aims to cut down the excess fat in the body and adding more of it while consuming the supplement will surely be counterproductive.
Apart from the high-fat diet, one should also put a strict check on sugary foods and drinks that can increase the blood sugar levels.
A proper vegan balanced diet is recommended for the best results.
Any Garcinia Slim Lawsuits?
The product Garcinia Cambogia slim itself has not faced any lawsuits yet. However, Dr. Oz himself was sued and several other Garcinia Cambogia dietary supplements came under the scanner of FDA.
The lawsuits blamed false publicity by Dr. OZ as well as the product manufacturing companies. Sighting a large number of consumers who claimed against the dietary supplements containing Garcinia Cambogia, a class action suit was proposed which could not be successfully fought against different companies.
It is worth noting that Garcinia Slim has not been a part of an official complaint or lawsuit in its three years of operation and distribution.
Where To Buy Garcinia Cambogia Slim
If you are looking to buy Garcinia Cambogia slim, you can easily get the product from Amazon, the official site of the company as well as GNC or Vitamin Shoppe stores across the country. The product is still quite popular and is hailed as very effective in helping for weight loss.
However, before you think of where to buy Garcinia Cambogia slim, it is recommended that you review Garcinia Slim on your own by taking a trial.
You may choose to continue the dosage if you succeed in observing notable changes in your weight without any side effects.
The Truth About Garcinia Slim And Pure Detox
Garcinia Slim is said to have its own detoxification properties because of the green tea extracts.
Pure detox drinks can be used with the product to intensify the action of fat burning. Where the thermogenic Garcinia Slim acts on the fact and prevents fat generation, detox tea or drinks can help in removal of waste from the body and boost overall immunity with all the antioxidants supplied.
Garcinia Slim and pure detox, therefore, can be used together for better results.
Garcinia Slim Alternatives
There are certain pure garcinia slim side effects that push the consumers to look for alternatives in the market.
Some of these alternatives include NatureWise CLA, alli Diet Pills for weight loss, Evlution Nutrition Lean Mode, Burn XT Fat Burner, Sweet Sweat Stick and more.
The Science – “Clinical Evidence?”
The official website for Garcinia Cambogia Slim states that this supplement is a dual-action fat blocker and burner. There’s no clinical research supporting this claim or links to relevant research. At DietSpotlight, it’s critical to find a direct connection between a product and weight-loss. There’s an issue when it’s missing.
What Users Are Saying
“Had friends who tried GC and loved it. Others said it was all hype. Now, after trying it for myself I find it’s fantastic! I’m eating less, feeling fuller, not snacking and sleeping like a baby. My vote is all for this great diet aid. I’m losing weight without even trying! Amazing really! So put me down as a GC fan. ”
“I just started taking it and it seems to work. It works well decreasing your food cravings, I’m going to try this for 4-6 months and see what happens. I will review again then and update my response.”
“Don’t think it works! Have been using it for a couple of weeks along with apple cider vinegar in water…no change even though I am out walking and wasn’t before I started…will continue, maybe it takes some of us more time. ”
The Bottom Line – Does Garcinia Cambogia Slim Work?
So, what are our final thoughts on Garcinia Cambogia Slim? We like that it contains some natural ingredients and that it’s affordable. But, we’re concerned about the lack of research supporting the claims. There’s also an issue with users talking about not seeing results and the poor BBB rating. 
For dieters who are interested in cutting fat and getting slim quickly, we suggest that you try a dietary supplement that contains proven key ingredients and provides more bang for your buck.
Among the best products we’ve seen this year is one called Dietspotlight Burn. This formula contains four clinically-tested ingredients that have been shown to help promote weight-loss by accelerating metabolism and igniting fat loss. Dieters comment on seeing excellent results.
The makers of Dietspotlight Burn are currently offering a Special Trial Offer, which is a positive sign.
Choosing the right weight-loss system can be confusing and often times frustrating. Let us help. Let us know a little more about you and your goals.