Garcinia cambogia rebound weight gain
This meta-analysis examined all published research on Garcinia Cambogia, and found garcinia to be free from any major side effects when taken at dosages up to 2800 mgs per day (with 60% HCA) At least 15 clinical studies involving approximately 900 patients document mild adverse reactions.
Garcinia (hydroxycitric acid)
Scientific Name(s): Garcinia cambogia (Gaertn.) Desr. Family: Clusiaceae (Guttiferae)
Common Name(s): Malabar tamarind , hydroxycitric acid ( HCA )
The medical literature primarily documents weight loss and lipid-lowering activity for the plant. However, trials supporting its use are limited.
The dosages of G. cambogia extract in clinical trials ranged from 1,500 to 4,667 mg/day (25 to 78 mg/kg/day). The equivalent hydroxycitric acid (HCA) dose in the trials ranged from 900 to 2,800 mg/day (15 to 47 mg/kg/day). G. cambogia is available in capsule or tablet form with a maximum dose of 1,500 mg/day.
- Q & A
Avoid use if there is a known allergy or hypersensitivity to any components of G. cambogia .
Information regarding safety and efficacy in pregnancy and lactation is lacking.
The herb has documented drug interactions.
At least 15 clinical studies involving approximately 900 patients document very mild adverse reactions. Most adverse reactions included headache, dizziness, dry mouth, and GI complaints such as nausea and diarrhea.
Toxicology studies resulted in no toxicity or deaths in animals at dosages of HCA 5,000 mg/kg, equivalent to 350 g or 233 times the maximum dosage of 1.5 g/day of HCA. In patients taking certain combination weight-loss supplements containing G. cambogia , severe or even fatal hepatotoxicity may occur.
The genus Garcinia is mainly distributed in tropical regions and includes approximately 200 species. G. cambogia belongs to the family Guttiferae and is found in India, Malaysia, and Africa. G. cambogia is commonly found in evergreen or semievergreen forests of southwest India, where 36 other species have been documented. 1 , 2 The plant species has variability in its branching pattern, fruit color, shape, and size. 1 The tree is small-to-medium in size with drooping branches. The leaves are dark green and glossy, oval-shaped with a narrow end, 5 to 12 cm in length, and 2 to 7 cm around. The tree is tolerant to drought and flowers during the hot season. The yellow, orange, or red fruit ripens during the rainy season and contains HCA. It is ovoid in shape, 5 centimeters around, has 6 to 8 seeds, and is listed in the US Department of Agriculture inventory of perennial edible fruits. 2
Dried fruit rinds have been used extensively for centuries throughout Southeast Asia for culinary purposes as a condiment and flavoring agent in place of tamarind or lemon. Additional culinary uses include the flavoring of curries, meat, and seafood. The fruit extract has been used as a flavoring agent for beverages and gourmet spices, as well as a carminative, thereby helping to prevent the formation of gas in the GI tract after a meal. HCA and other organic acids from the dried rind combined with salt help lower pH and provide a bacteriostatic effect used in curing fish. The herb is considered beneficial for overall health in the traditional Ayurvedic medical system. Rheumatism and bowel complaints are treated with a decoction of the fruit rind. A rinse is used from the herbal extract in veterinary medicine for some diseases of the mouth in cattle. HCA has also become popular as an ingredient for weight loss. 2 , 3 , 4
HCA is the primary medicinal component contained in the fruit rinds of G. cambogia . 5 HCA is present as up to 30% by weight in the pericarp of G. cambogia fruit. 6 Xanthones, xanthone derivatives, and polyisoprenylated benzophenones have been isolated. 6 , 7 Some salts used in commercial products are water soluble and bioavailable, and are a good source of calcium (495 mg) and potassium (720 mg). 8 Studies also document interest in production of HCA by using microorganisms. 9 , 10
Uses and Pharmacology
The medical literature primarily documents research on the weight loss and lipid-lowering activity of the plant.
In vitro and animal data
In 2 experiments using the human hepatoma cell line HepG2, overnight exposure to G. cambogia extract caused an upregulation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor activity and an upregulation of the level of HMG-CoA reductase resulting in decreased cholesterol synthesis. 11 Flavonoids from the plant reduced lipid levels in normal and hypercholesterolemic rats. 7 Reductions were also documented in triglycerides, phospholipids, and free fatty acids. The mechanism of action for the flavonoids may involve: (1) reducing the rate of lipogenesis by reducing the activities of lipogenic enzymes, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, and isocitrate dehydrogenase; and (2) increasing the rate of degradation of cholesterol leading to higher levels of hepatic and fecal bile acids, as well as neutral sterols in rats treated with the herb. While dexamethasone typically elevates lipid profiles, G. cambogia extract maintained normal lipid levels in rats administered dexamethasone. 12
In a 4-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 150 obese patients were treated with a dietary supplement ( G. cambogia extract 55 mg, chitosan 240 mg, and chrome 19 mg) together with a weight reduction regimen. Treatment groups administered the dietary supplement showed statistically significant dose-related reductions in weight, total and LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides, and improvement in high density lipoprotein cholesterol. 13
The suggested mechanism of action involves HCA-inhibiting lipogenesis, increasing lipid oxidation, and reducing food intake. 3 , 14
A study in obese rats found high doses of HCA-containing G. cambogia (154 mmol HCA/kg diet) effective in suppressing epididymal adipose tissue. This same study also found testicular atrophy and toxicity at dosages of 778 mg HCA/kg body weight/day (102 mmol HCA/kg diet) and higher. 4 Another study in rats administered a high-fat diet and a mixture of G. cambogia extract, soypeptide, and L-carnitine, led to a reduction in body weight and accumulation of visceral fat mass. 15 The mixture also improved blood and hepatic lipid concentrations or the induced dyslipidemia in the rats. Other combination products with G. cambogia are also effective in reducing weight gain and improving dyslipidemia, hyperinsulinemia, hyperleptinemia, and fatty liver in mice. 16 The antiobesity effect involves modulation of several genes associated with visceral adipogenesis. One study in adult, nonobese cats found no effect on fat-free mass or energy expenditure. 17
In an 8-week randomized clinical trial, 40 patients were given either placebo or G. cambogia extract (500 mg/capsule) by mouth before each meal. Patients administered the extract exhibited weight loss and improvement in cholesterol and triglycerides when compared with the placebo group.
It will truly make your entire body slim and reduce your completely appearance.
In a 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 40 obese patients were treated with a combination supplement containing G. cambogia 50 mg as well as a 1,200 calorie diet per day. Two tablets of the supplement were taken by mouth 3 times a day after meals. The treatment group attained a 3.5 kg weight loss versus 1.2 kg on placebo, and a more than 85% reduction in fat loss in body composition measurements. The majority of the active group participants did not follow the diet regimen. 18
In a 12-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group trial, 89 mildly overweight women were treated with a 1,200 kcal diet along with 2 caplets of G. cambogia 400 mg or matched placebo 3 times a day before each meal. At the end of the trial, both groups lost weight, but the treatment group achieved greater reduction in body weight. G. cambogia had no effect on appetitive variables. 14
Numerous studies document the safety profile of the calcium-potassium double salt of 60% HCA preparation (HCA-SX), as well as its bioavailability and efficacy in helping patients attain a healthy body weight. 3 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 23
An 8-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study examined the efficacy of HCA-SX in 54 overweight patients. The treatment group was administered a combination supplement containing G. cambogia 500 mg 3 times a day while the control group received the placebo. All patients were asked to maintain a low-fat diet and drink 64 oz of water per day. The treatment group lost an average weight of 11.14 lb/person as compared with the control group, which lost an average of 4.2 lb/person. 19
Another 8-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study examined the efficacy of HCA in 60 obese patients. The dosage regimen for HCA was 400 mg 3 times a day before each meal. All patients were on a low-fat diet and also instructed to exercise 3 times a week. Results indicated weight loss for the experimental group compared with the placebo group and that 87% of the weight loss in the HCA group was because of fat loss. Appetite scores were also reduced in the HCA-treated group. 19
Visceral, subcutaneous, and total fat accumulation were reduced in 39 patients over 16 weeks in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. The dosage regimen included HCA 1,000 mg/day versus placebo. At the end of the treatment, both groups were administered placebo for 4 weeks and no rebound effect was documented. 24
Another clinical study documented that treatment with HCA failed to produce weight change and fat mass change in patients. 25 However, the design of the clinical trial, the lack of bioavailability, and dosage of HCA used have been criticized. 2
Other pharmacologic activity
Some studies found that supplementation with G. cambogia can reduce oxidative damage. 26
The fruit contains xanthones, which inhibit pre-neoplastic lesions in mammary and colon cancer. The xanthones may also induce apoptosis in mouth, leukemia, breast, gastric, and lung cancer cell lines in vitro. 27
Glucose metabolism may be improved by lowering serum insulin levels in mice treated with G. cambogia . Leptin is a hormone associated with appetite control. G. cambogia may have leptin-like activity as mice treated with G. cambogia had decreased serum leptin levels and a reduced leptin/white adipose tissue ratio. 28 HCA treatment delayed and reduced intestinal glucose absorption in rats; the treatment causes delayed intestinal absorption of glucose rather than delayed gastric emptying. 29
HCA promoted lipid oxidation and reduced carbohydrate use in mice at rest and during running. 30 The utilization of respiratory gases was reduced for mice treated with HCA at rest and during exercise. Some studies on herbal coffee supplements with HCA showed an increase in resting energy expenditure to enhance metabolic rates and promote weight and fat loss. 31 , 32
Antiulcer activity was observed against induced gastric mucosal injury in rats with pretreatment of G. cambogia extract that decreased volume and acidity of gastric juice. 33 A similar study in rats found activity against indomethacin-induced gastric ulcers. 34 The anti-inflammatory activity of G. cambogia protected against induced colitis in rats. 35
Red blood cell count
A G. cambogia extract caused an increase in the red blood cell (RBC) count in rat tissue. The activity may be (1) associated with the iron in G. cambogia , as iron is an erythropoietic agent; (2) antioxidant activity and may decrease the rate of oxidant-induced hemolysis, which increases the life span of the RBC; or (3) the content of bioflavonoids in the plant, which may increase the level of peripheral testosterone, which can stimulate erythropoiesis in humans. 36
The dosages of G. cambogia extract in clinical trials ranged from 1,500 to 4,667 mg/day (25 to 78 mg/kg/day). The equivalent HCA dose in the trials ranged from 900 to 2,800 mg/day (15 to 47 mg/kg/day). 2 , 14 , 18 , 19 , 23 , 24 , 25 G. cambogia is available in capsule or tablet form with a maximum dose of 1,500 mg/day.
Due to lack of clinical and scientific information, use should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation. One animal study in rats documented decreased maternal body weight gain during gestation. 37
In patients taking medications for diabetes by mouth or insulin, G. cambogia may lower blood sugar levels. 28 , 29
G. cambogia contains iron and thus may have additive adverse reactions for patients taking medications for anemia. 36
Potassium and calcium supplements
Some commercial G. cambogia products contain adequate amounts of potassium and calcium. 8 Caution is advised for patients taking medications for heart disease, high blood pressure, or arrhythmia while supplementing with any product containing this herb.
A mouse study using a commercial polyherbal product containing G. cambogia found a potential serotonergic effect on food intake. Caution is advised for patients being treated for pain or taking medications for any psychiatric condition. 38
Singulair (or leukotriene receptor antagonists)
One case report documented fatal liver failure in a patient taking Singulair and 2 dietary supplements, one of which included G. cambogia and citrus derivatives. 39
A case report of rhabdomyolysisis is documented in a patient taking a combination herbal medicine containing G.
When you take HCA, this enzyme will no longer work.
Resultantly, it will help you get faster weight loss.
cambogia . 40
In one case report, the international normalized ratio of a patient returned to normal after he stopped taking a combination herbal product containing G. cambogia . 41
A total of 15 clinical studies involving approximately 900 patients documented very mild adverse reactions. Most adverse reactions included headache, dizziness, dry mouth, and GI complaints such as nausea and diarrhea. 2 , 42
Toxicology studies resulted in no toxicity or deaths in animals at HCA dosages of 5,000 mg/kg, equivalent to 350 g or 233 times the maximum dose of 1.5 g/day of HCA. 5 In patients taking certain combination weight-loss supplements containing G. cambogia , severe or even fatal hepatotoxicity may occur. 43 , 44 Some animal studies document testicular toxicity, 4 , 45 while other studies do not. 46 , 47
No unusual electrocardiographic effects (QTc interval or other electrocardiograph variables) were seen over 5 hours in patients taking half the recommended dose of a multicomponent weight loss supplement containing G. cambogia . 48 Patients receiving G. cambogia extract (1,667.3 mg/kg equivalent to 1,000 mg HCA/day) for 12 weeks exhibited no reproductive toxicity on serum testosterone, estrone, and estradiol levels. 49
2. Soni MG, Burdock GA, Preuss HG, Stohs SJ, Ohia SE, Bagchi D. Safety assessment of (-)-hydroxycitric acid and Super CitriMax, a novel calcium/potassium salt. Food Chem Toxicol . 2004;42(9):1513-1529.
3. Ohia SE, Opere CA, LeDay AM, Bagchi M, Bagchi D, Stohs SJ. Safety and mechanism of appetite suppression by a novel hydroxycitric acid extract (HCA-SX). Mol Cell Biochem . 2002;238(1-2):89-103.
4. Saito M, Ueno M, Ogino S, Kubo K, Nagata J, Takeuchi M. High dose of Garcinia cambogia is effective in suppressing fat accumulation in developing male Zucker obese rats, but highly toxic to the testis. Food Chem Toxicol . 2005;43(3):411-419.
5. Jena BS, Jayaprakasha GK, Singh RP, Sakariah KK. Chemistry and biochemistry of (-)-hydroxycitric acid from Garcinia . J Agric Food Chem . 2002;50(1):10-22.
6. Masullo M, Bassarello C, Suzuki H, Pizza C, Piacente S. Polyisoprenylated benzophenones and an unusual polyisoprenylated tetracyclic xanthone from the fruits of Garcinia cambogia . J Agric Food Chem . 2008;56(13):5205-5210.
7. Koshy AS, Anila L, Vijayalakshmi NR. Flavonoids from Garcinia cambogia lower lipid levels in hypercholesterolemic rats. Food Chem . 2001;72(3):289-294.
8. Downs BW, Bagchi M, Subbaraju GV, Shara MA, Preuss HG, Bagchi D. Bioefficacy of a novel calcium-potassium salt of (-)-hydroxycitric acid. Mutat Res . 2005;579(1-2):149-162.
9. Hida H, Yamada T, Yamada Y. Production of hydroxycitric acid by microorganisms. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem . 2005;69(8):1555-1561.
10. Yamada T, Hida H, Yamada Y. Chemistry, physiological properties, and microbial production of hydroxycitric acid. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol . 2007;75(5):977-982.
11. Berkhout TA, Havekes LM, Pearce NJ, Groot PH. The effect of (-)-hydroxycitrate on the activity of the low-density-lipoprotein receptor and 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase levels in the human hepatoma cell line Hep G2. Biochem J . 1990;272(1):181-186.
12. Mahendran P, Devi CS. Effect of Garcinia cambogia extract on lipids and lipoprotein composition in dexamethasone administered rats. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol . 2001;45(3):345-350.
13. Girola M, De Bernardi M, Contos S, et al. Dose effect in lipid-lowering activity of a new dietary integrator (chitosan), Garcinia combogia extract and chrome. Acta Toxicol Ther . 1996;17(1):25-40.
14. Mattes RD, Bormann L. Effects of (-)-hydroxycitric acid on appetitive variables. Physiol Behav . 2000;71(1-2):87-94.
15. Kim YJ, Kim KY, Kim MS, Lee JH, Lee KP, Park T. A mixture of the aqueous extract of Garcinia cambogia , soy peptide and L: -carnitine reduces the accumulation of visceral fat mass in rats rendered obese by a high fat diet. Genes Nutr . 2008;2(4):353-358.
16. Kim KY, Lee HN, Kim YJ, Park T. Garcinia cambogia extract ameliorates visceral adiposity in C57BL/6J mice fed on a high-fat diet. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem . 2008;72(7):1772-1780.
17. Leray V, Dumon H, Martin L, et al. No effect of conjugated linoleic acid or Garcinia cambogia on fat-free mass, and energy expenditure in normal cats. J Nutr . 2006;136(suppl 7):1982S-1984S.
18. Thom E. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of a new weight-reducing agent of natural origin. J Int Med Res . 2000;28(5):229-233.
19. Lau FC, Bagchi M, Sen C, Roy S, Bagchi D. Nutrigenomic analysis of diet-gene interactions on functional supplements for weight management. Curr Genomics . 2008;9(4):239-251.
20. Talpur N, Echard BW, Yasmin T, Bagchi D, Preuss HG. Effects of niacin-bound chromium, Maitake mushroom fraction SX and (-)-hydroxycitric acid on the metabolic syndrome in aged diabetic Zucker fatty rats. Mol Cell Biochem . 2003;252(1-2):369-377.
21. Bagchi D, Deshmukh NS, Soni MG, Bagchi M. Safety of a novel calcium/potassium salt of (-)-hydroxycitric acid: I. Two generation reproduction toxicity study. Toxicol Lett . 2007;172(suppl 1):S190.
22. Asghar M, Monjok E, Kouamou G, Ohia SE, Bagchi D, Lokhandwala MF. Super CitriMax (HCA-SX) attenuates increases in oxidative stress, inflammation, insulin resistance, and body weight in developing obese Zucker rats. Mol Cell Biochem . 2007;304(1-2):93-99.
23. Preuss HG, Rao CV, Garis R, et al. An overview of the safety and efficacy of a novel, natural(-)-hydroxycitric acid extract (HCA-SX) for weight management. J Med . 2004;35(1-6):33-48.
24. Hayamizu K, Ishii Y, Kaneko I, et al. Effects of Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) on visceral fat accumulation: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. CurrTher Res Clin Exp . 2003;64(8):551-567.
25. Heymsfield SB, Allison DB, Vasselli JR, Pietrobelli A, Greenfield D, Nunez C. Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA . 1998;280(18):1596-1600.
26. Yonei Y, Takahashi Y, Hibino S, Watanabe M, Yoshioka T. Effects on the human body of a dietary supplement containing L-carnitine and Garcinia cambogia extract: a study using double-blind tests. J Clin Biochem Nutr . 2008;42(2):89-103.
27. Mazzio EA, Soliman KF. In vitro screening for the tumoricidal properties of international medicinal herbs.
I paid out for three lots because they helped them selves to my money and I didn’t even realise where it was going and they never answered the phone .
Phytother Res . 2009;23(3):385-398.
28. Hayamizu K, Hirakawa H, Oikawa D, et al. Effect of Garcinia cambogia extract on serum leptin and insulin in mice. Fitoterapia . 2003;74(3):267-273.
29. Wielinga PY, Wachters-Hagedoorn RE, Bouter B, et al. Hydroxycitric acid delays intestinal glucose absorption in rats. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol . 2005;288(6):G1144-G1149.
30. Ishihara K, Oyaizu S, Onuki K, Lim K, Fushiki T. Chronic (-)-hydroxycitrate administration spares carbohydrate utilization and promotes lipid oxidation during exercise in mice. J Nutr . 2000;130(12):2990-2995.
31. Hoffman JR, Kang J, Ratamess NA, Jennings PF, Mangine G, Faigenbaum AD. Thermogenic effect from nutritionally enriched coffee consumption. J Int Soc Sports Nutr . 2006;3:35-41.
32. Taylor LW, Wilborn CD, Harvey T, Wismann J, Willoughby DS. Acute effects of ingesting Java Fittrade mark energy extreme functional coffee on resting energy expenditure and hemodynamic responses in male and female coffee drinkers. J Int Soc Sports Nutr . 2007;4:10.
33. Mahendran P, Sabitha KE, Devi CS. Prevention of HCl-ethanol induced gastric mucosal injury in rats by Garcinia cambogia extract and its possible mechanism of action. Indian J Exp Biol . 2002;40(1):58-62.
34. Mahendran P, Vanisree AJ, Shyamala Devi CS. The antiulcer activity of Garcinia cambogia extract against indomethacin-induced gastric ulcer in rats. Phytother Res . 2002;16(1):80-83.
35. dos Reis SB, de Oliveira CC, Acedo SC, et al. Attenuation of colitis injury in rats using Garcinia cambogia extract. Phytother Res . 2009;23(3):324-329.
36. Oluyemi KA, Omotuyi IO, Jimoh OR, Adesanya OA, Saalu CL, Josiah SJ. Erythropoietic and anti-obesity effects of Garcinia cambogia (bitter kola) in Wistar rats. Biotechnol Appl Biochem . 2007;46(pt 1):69-72.
37. Deshmukh NS, Bagchi M, Yasmin T, Bagchi D. Safety of a novel calcium/potassium salt of (-) hydroxycitric acid (HCA-SX): II. Developmental toxicity study in rats. Toxicol Mech Methods . 2008;18(5):443-451.
38. Kaur G, Kulkarni SK. Investigations on possible serotonergic involvement in effects of OB-200G (polyherbal preparation) on food intake in female mice. Eur J Nutr . 2001;40(3):127-133.
39. Actis GC, Bugianesi E, Ottobrelli A, Rizzetto M. Fatal liver failure following food supplements during chronic treatment with montelukast. Dig Liver Dis . 2007;39(10):953-955.
40. Mansi IA, Huang J. Rhabdomyolysis in response to weight-loss herbal medicine. [Published correction appears in: Am J Med Sci . 2004;328(2):129.] Am J Med Sci . 2004;327(6):356-357.
41. Ferris DJ. Interaction between warfarin and Garcinia cambogia (Fat Burner); a case report. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting . 38(DEC): p P-404(D). 2003.
42. Pittler MH, Schmidt K, Ernst E. Adverse events of herbal food supplements for body weight reduction: systematic review. Obes Rev . 2005;6(2):93-111.
43. Shim M, Saab S. Severe hepatotoxicity due to Hydroxycut: a case report. Dig Dis Sci . 2009;54(2):406-408.
44. Lobb A. Hepatoxicity associated with weight-loss supplements: a case for better post-marketing surveillance. World J Gastroenterol . 2009;15(14):1786-1787.
45. Anno T, Oono H, Tamura K. Improvement of testicular toxicity in F/344DuCrj male rats fed Ca-type Garcinia cambogia extract by zinc supplemented diets. Nippon Shokuhin Kagaku Gakkaishi . 2005;12(3):121-127.
46. Shara M, Ohia SE, Yasmin T, et al. Dose- and time-dependent effects of a novel (-)-hydroxycitric acid extract on body weight, hepatic and testicular lipid peroxidation, DNA fragmentation and histopathological data over a period of 90 days. Mol Cell Biochem . 2003;254(1-2):339-346.
47. Burdock G, Soni M, Bagchi M, Bagchi D. Garcinia cambogia toxicity is misleading. [Published correction appears in: Food Chem Toxicol . 2007;45(3):515.] Food Chem Toxicol . 2005;43(11):1683-1684; author reply 1685-1686.
48. Min B, McBride BF, Kardas MJ, et al. Electrocardiographic effects of an ephedra-free, multicomponent weight-loss supplement in healthy volunteers. Pharmacotherapy . 2005;25(5):654-659.
49. Hayamizu K, Tomi H, Kaneko I, Shen M, Soni MG, Yoshino G. Effects of Garcinia cambogia extract on serum sex hormones in overweight subjects. Fitoterapia . 2008;79(4):255-261.
Copyright © 2009 Wolters Kluwer Health
1300 Calorie Meal Plan
Below is a diet plan for weight loss that includes just over 1300 calories.
Chicken breast/ white meat
Apple-medium with peel
Chicken breast/ white meat
Grocery List for a Week
Tips to keep in mind while dieting
- Take a multi-vitamin daily. Diet plans for quick weight loss usually lack enough nutrients including vitamins and minerals.
- Calories, calories, and calories should be your focus for losing weight fast. Make sure you are getting the correct balance for your size, activity level and goals.
Diet Chart for Weight Loss
Subject: Diets for quick weight loss for women
Hey, trainer man, what are the best free diet plans that work fast? I'm getting married and need to get skinny, pronto!
I never thought I would hear that I needed to eat more ;) Also, I looked at the routine and it looks perfect for what I am able to do. Looks like it is 4 days a week. I can start tomorrow but the gyms are closed Friday due to the holiday (Happy 4th, by the way) - is it okay if I do Friday's workout Saturday? I really do appreciate how fast you pulled this together and all the personalized help. For what it's worth I will be recommending you and your site to anyone I know looking to reach some goals for themselves. Thank you again! -- Matt K
Am I losing weight too rapidly to be safe? (6.6 pounds in two weeks) Or is that normal to start that quickly. My pants are fitting better. -- Erica S
Melissa McCarthy Weight Loss Revealed On Ellen!
Melissa McCarthy has taken a lot of heat lately mainly for using this controversial method celebrities use to burn fat within WEEKS. She wanted to drop down a few dress sizes for the new Ghostbusters movie. However, she did NOT realize the backlash she would receive for using this “magical” weight loss supplement. She especially didn’t foresee ‘Mike and Molly’ getting canceled because of it.
Being closely related to mangosteen, you can expect them to look a lot alike.
just.. I can’t believe it! They’re canceling an amazing show JUST because I decided to finally be healthy. It makes no sense! They said I no longer fit the part, which is outrageous. It all started when some of my colleagues recommended Garcinia Cambogia Diet Pills, something they had seen on a Dr. Beth Collins episode. When your life revolves around being on camera and on stage, you always have to look good for the fans and for yourself. I saw a HUGE difference in less than a week!”
TMZ Exclusive Interview Featuring McCarthy – “I.. just.. I can’t believe it! They’re cancelling an amazing show JUST because I decided to finally be healthy. It makes no sense! They said I no longer fit the part, which is outrageous. It all started when some of my colleagues recommended Garcinia Cambogia, something they had seen on a Dr. Beth Collins episode. It didn’t take long after my consult with Dr. Beth Collins to notice results. I saw a HUGE difference in less than a week!”
(Doctor Beth Collins and Paula Levi discuss Garcinia Cambogia and how it helped her lose 30 pounds.)
When we asked her about exercise, Melissa told us “Honestly, I couldn’t have done it if I’d even wanted to! *laughs* No, I didn’t need to exercise every day. I’ve always liked to jog every few days, but I didn’t change my routine. The only thing I did was took these pills. They’re a natural weight loss supplement called Garcinia Cambogia. They’re totally safe.”
Melissa McCarthy claims the Garcinia Cambogia diet was the key factors in losing 50+ lbs. in just five weeks!
Losing weight often feels like an impossible challenge. We have evaluated numerous fad diets over the years. All too frequent the results are just shy of being painfully disappointing.
The reason why most diets fail, in our opinion, is that they impose unrealistic restrictions on how you live your life. Many dietitians say eat lots of protein others emphasize carbohydrates. In either case, you’re left with having to make rather drastic changes to the types of food you eat, when you eat it. In this monthly issue, Our sponsors gave us a free monthly supply of Pure Garcinia Cambogia so we can take an in-depth look at an emerging and promising weight loss trend.
Selena Gomez Used Garcinia
Nevertheless, as we began to investigate the countless success stories reported by celebrities from around the world. We decided that this fat loss trend was worth a closer examination. The above celebrities had not significantly changed their current lifestyles or food consumption.
Pure Garcinia Cambogia has been clinically proven to:
- Increases the speed of Metabolism by 70%
- The High Levels of HCA boost Adipocytes production of Leptins by 130% which cuts your appetite down.
- Boost energy Levels
PUTTING THE DIET TO THE TEST
For the TMZ Test, the free bottles of Pure Garcinia Cambogia were delivered in just a few short days and only charged us for shipping. Garcinia Cambogia is one of the most concentrated and purest forms of Garcinia on the market. It was our shared opinion that this would give me the most accurate results for my test. Below you can see my results and read about them.
My Results – I lost 31 lbs of stomach fat in just one month using the Garcinia Cambogia diet!
- 1. Take one Garcinia Cambogia capsule in the morning
- 2. Optional (But encouraged!): Mix it with a fruit infused water recipe of your choice
One week after the garcinia diet I was surprised at the dramatic results. My energy level was up, and I wasn’t even hungry. A welcomed side effect of the Garcinia Cambogia diet is its power to curb the appetite.
Best of all, I didn’t even change anything about my daily routine. On Day 7, I got on the scale and couldn’t believe my eyes. I had lost 4.5 lbs. But I still wasn’t convinced, since they say you lose a lot of water weight at the beginning of any diet. I wanted to wait and see the results in the upcoming weeks.
Week Two and Three:
After 3 weeks, all my doubts and skepticism had absolutely vanished! I am down, from a 40 to a 36 pant size after losing another 15.5 lbs. And I still have a ton of energy. Quite often, around the third week of other diets, you tend to run out of steam. But with the Garcinia Cambogia my energy levels don’t dip, instead, they remain steady throughout the day.
After the fourth week, my final results were shocking. I lost an unbelievable 31 lbs since starting the Garcinia Cambogia diet! Actually, everyone at TMZ headquarters is kicking themselves for not having volunteered to be the guinea pig. Using Garcinia Cambogia in week 4, I lost an additional 11 lbs.
Conclusion: Like us, here at TMZ, you might be a little doubtful about the effects of this diet, but you need to try it for yourself; the results are real. After conducting our own personal study we are pleased to see that people really are finding success with it (myself included). And you have nothing to lose. To order your bottle, follow the links I have provided and know that you are getting a quality product that works; no strings attached!
You can reach your weight loss goals with the Garcinia Cambogia diet!
EDITOR’S NOTE: For a limited time, the Official Suppliers of Garcinia Cambogia have agreed to offer a FREE Monthly Supply to our readers.
Mike and Molly star Melissa McCarthy recently appeared on the Ellen show looking fantastic. The comedic actress unveiled her new look, after having dropped a jaw-dropping 45 pounds. She took the stage in a size 14 outfit. The last time she visited with Ellen, she was wearing a size 20. (See her appearance on CNN here!)
Ellen was keen to discover what it took for Melissa to transform herself so completely. Melissa didn’t let much out of the bag, but did reveal that she had fallen in love with working out. She also explained how she’d learnt the foolishness of following calorie restricted diets.
Melissa’s new, healthy lifestyle follows the Mediterranean diet model. She explained to Ellen that it gave her more freedom in food selection and was all built around slowing down with your eating and really savoring your food.
As a result of her new eating and exercising regimen, Melissa feels a lot more in control of her life.
27 Glucose metabolism may be improved by lowering serum insulin levels in mice treated with G.
She is more able to stay on top of her busy movie schedule, and finds the time to look after herself a lot more than she used to. As a result, her career, and her private life are going from strength to strength.
If you’ve seen the trailer for Melissa McCarthy’s latest comedy, The Boss, you couldn’t have helped to notice that the former Gilmore Girl star is a much trimmer version of her former self. In fact, she’s lost 45 pounds over the last twelve months, completely transforming her image in the process. Read on to discover how she went from a sixe 20 to a 14 in next to no time at all.
Getting in Movie Shape
It’s no secret that Melissa has struggled with her weight over the years. She’s been on the yo-yo dieting bandwagon too many times to remember. Each time she’s rebounded, it’s left her with more weight on her frame than when she started.
Back in 2013, the Mike and Molly actress lamented . . .
Sometimes I wish I were just magically a size six and I never had to give [my weight] a single thought. It’s something I’m always working on.
So, it’s quite ironic that her latest and most successful attempt was never intended to lose weight at all. In 2015 she landed a role in the movie Spy. The character had to be in shape, which led Melissa down the fitness path. To her utter surprise, she fell in love with working out.
After having previously shied away from weight training due to the fear of putting on unsightly muscle, Melissa discovered that weights were, in fact, the key to losing weight.
Signing up with a personal trainer, the comedienne began following a four day weights based full body training program designed to shape and firm every muscle of her body, while simultaneously, burning calories to strip off body fat.
Melissa was in the gym on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.Monday and Thursday were her compound strength training days, whileTuesday and Friday featured a weight machine based circuit program designed to shunt the blood around her body and promote maximum fat burn.
Let’s break her routines down . . .
Monday, Thursday Workouts
- Smith Machine Squats – Melissa’s trainer opted for the Smith Machine version of the squat exercise to take the pressure off her lower back and to provide a built-in safety mechanism. After a warm-up set of 20 reps with just the bar, shed put 20 pounds on either end and pump out three sets of 12.
- Farmer’s Walk – Grabbing a pair of moderate dumbbells, the actress would walk the length of the gym, taking large lunge type steps to emphasize her glutes and hamstrings.
- Dumbbell Bench Press – Using dumbbells rather than the traditional bar allowed Melissa to get a deep extension and full contraction on every repetition of this powerful upper body exerciser. She would pump out 3 sets of 12 reps on this move.
- Dumbbell Deadlift –The same weights would be used as on the previous exercise. The emphasis would be on correct technique and on getting a deep contraction in the lower back muscles.
- Inverted Pull Ups – Using the Smith Machine bar, which was set at hip height, allowed Melissa to get the benefit of pull ups even though she couldn’t yet perform a traditional pull up by herself. She did sets of 10 reps on this exercise.
Tuesday / Friday Workout
Circuit training day was an opportunity for Melissa to lighten the load a little and focus on getting aerobic effect from her workout. Exercises were done with no rest between them for one minute each. Weights were about 50% of her one repetition maximum. Here’s what the circuit looked like . . .
On the days she wasn’t in the gym, Melissa would do 30 minutes of cardio exercise. This ranged from walking the dog, to playing tennis or volleyball.
The ‘Boss Diet’
It was the results that Melissa began seeing from her workouts that spurred her on to get serious about her diet. She had learnt from bitter experience that restricted calorie dieting was nothing but an exercise in frustration. Whenever she’d tried it in the past, her weight would inevitably rebound and she’d end up worse than when she started.
When Melissa understood the body’s starvation response to restricted calories, she made the resolve to ditch the yo-yo dieting for good. To get in shape for her role in ‘The Boss’ she adopted a far smarter approach. In fact, she decided to follow the Mediterranean diet.
The Mediterranean Diet encompasses a lifestyle of healthy choices. To tie all of the elements together, the Oldways Preservation and Exchange Trust created the Mediterranean Food Guide Pyramid. It is based on the dietary traditions found on the island of Crete, and southern Italy in the early 1960’s (at this time Cretans were found to be among the healthiest people on earth). Melissa was drawn to this diet after a trip to Italy, where she fell in love with the laid back lifestyle and easy, balanced eating style.
At the base of the Mediterranean food pyramid are foods such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds and whole grains. These are the foods that can be eaten every day. The next level up is white meat, fish and seafood and eggs. Consume these several times a week. Cheese and yogurt are next, followed by meats and sweets at the very top of the pyramid indicating that they should be consumed sparingly.
The pyramid also recommends consuming the following on a daily basis:
The pyramid places a priority on fun activities, time shared with family and friends and daily exercise. These activities underpin the base of the pyramid. This was very appealing to Melissa, who loves nothing better than to relax with a glass of wine over a seafood salad with the ones she loves.
Melissa has never been into counting calories. That’s another thing that drew her to this diet. Instead of counting calories, the Mediterranean Diet encourages you to think of the kinds of foods you eat and the portion sizes of those foods. The emphasis is on adding more low-calorie fruits and vegetables and decreasing the portion sizes of calorie dense foods such as meats and grains. When you do that the total daily caloric count will take care of itself.
Food craving have always been a big problem for Melissa. Yet, on the Mediterranean diet, they were never an issue.