Holy grail of weight loss
The amount of times I have heard of people saying that they have been taking HCA for weeks and they haven’t seen any difference physically or on the scales, only to find out that they haven’t been eating well and have just been lazing around on the couch.
The REAL Last Crusade: Nazi search for the Holy Grail which inspired Indiana Jones
By Allan Hall for MailOnline 09:22 GMT 25 Mar 2013, updated 09:34 GMT 25 Mar 2013
Latest From MailOnline
- Revealed in exhibition 'Dig for Germania. Archaeology under the Swastika'
- The show, in Bremen, Germany, says Himmler visited Spain to hunt for Grail
- He mistakenly thought it was hidden at Montserrat Abbey near Barcelona
A new exhibition in Germany about archaeology under the Nazis shows how the regime launched a 'Last Crusade' expedition in wartime to find the Holy Grail from the Last Supper of Christ.
In the 1989 Last Crusade movie, Indiana Jones played by Harrison Ford was on the quest for the grail - and he was in competition with the Nazis.
Now truth turns out to be stranger than fiction in the exhibition 'Dig for Germania. Archaeology under the Swastika' in Bremen. It tells how S.S. chief Heinrich Himmler allegedly visited Spain during the war because he believed the grail was at the Montserrat Abbey near Barcelona.
Real-life echo: In the Last Crusade movie, Indiana Jones played by Harrison Ford was on the quest for the grail - and he was in competition with the Nazis
The chief architect and manager of the Nazi Holocaust believed that finding the grail 'would help Germany win the war and give him supernatural powers.'
Squads of S.S. men searched in vain for the grail. The S.S. budget for such projects was vast as the Nazis intended their finds to rewrite history to prove Germans were the greatest race in all history.
Before Hitler came to power there were just a handful of professorships in archaeology; afterwards there were 24, all tasked with promoting this claptrap theory while finding as many rare artefacts as possible from around the globe.
'If we want to again become a large, single people, we must build on the time, where the Nordic racial nucleus was still pure and unadulterated and which combined with a splendid culture which influenced all over Europe,' said Hans Reinerth, Hitler's favourite archaeologist.
Hocus pocus: Heinrich Himmler, left, shared the hocus-pocus belief with his boss Hitler that Jesus Christ was actually descended from Aryan stock and that the Holy Grail would help Germany win the war Hocus pocus: Heinrich Himmler, left, shared the hocus-pocus belief with his boss Hitler that Jesus Christ was actually descended from Aryan stock and visited Spain in search of the Grail Hunting on a hunch: Himmler believed the grail was at the Montserrat Abbey near Barcelona but never found it
Far from being the 'King of the Jews,' Himmler shared the hocus-pocus belief with his boss Hitler that Jesus Christ was actually descended from Aryan stock - the race which Hitler decreed was to rule the world for 1,000 years.
'This is the time of Germanic antiquity, the German prehistory', he added.
A study that was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that GC used for 12 weeks (1,500 milligrams dosage) “failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.” (2) The conclusion of the meta-analysis regarding garcinia cambogia?
Visitors to the exhibition are informed: 'The Nazis sought to establish the image of blonde, blue-eyed heroes and conquerors who were the ancestors of the Germans and that their race was summoned for world domination.'
When the Nazi war machine rolled eastwards to conquer the Soviet Union in 1941, the archaeologists were in their wake, using slave labourers to dig up evidence of 'German superior race-colonies' that inhabited the lands back in the distant past.
The exhibition tells the visitor that many died in the hunt for artefacts trying to underwrite this racial myth.
Nazi hunters: The exhibition is at Bremen's Focke Museum, pictured, and is called 'Dig for Germania. Archaeology under the Swastika'
'Archaeologists often planned these crimes or worked on their own initiative', said historian of Dirk Mahsarski, who curated the exhibition hall at the Bremen Focke Museum. 'There are a whole bunch of archaeologists of whom we can safely say that they knew about the Holocaust and the suffering of forced laborers.'
The exhibition chronicles how two of the Third Reich's most powerful men - Himmler and Alfred Rosenberg, the Nazi party racial philosopher - competed with separate archaeological teams to dig for artefacts to support Nazi theories. Himmler even sent a team of S.S. men to Tibet before the war to try to discover the mythical lost kingdom of Shangri La.
Mostly the Nazis discovered pottery and bits of jewellery, all of which were used to promote their berserk racial theories; the treasure, like the Holy Grail, eluded them.
Holy Grail: Almond Bun Pizza
Pizza is a mainstay for people on the SAD (Standard American Diet). Its fast, tasty, and horribly bad for you. Luckily, I’ve found a way to use the almond buns to create a perfect pizza crust. I’ve made pizza like objects like the meatza in the past but its not the same as an actual slice.
Your confidence level will increase, and as you start losing a few pounds, you’ll be all the more likely to continue with your weight loss as you gain energy, increase your mood, and watch the pounds melt away.
This online retailer also offers a recipe book, sugar free gum, lemonade powdered drink and other weight loss supplements.
One time I even made pizza using almond buns but it was not quite family size. This time, I was able to reproduce an actual, full size pizza using almond buns.
The finished product looked just like a pizza slice! I decided to make this one just cheese but obviously you could add any toppings you like.
The first step is to make the crust. The recipe is the same as for the original almond buns except I have added oregano, thyme and garlic to flavor the crust.
The liquid batter should look like this. Make sure that the eggs are warm and the butter is hot when you mix it. You want the batter to be easy to spread.
Start with a well greased 12″ pizza pan and preheat the oven to 350.
Here is the pizza crust in the pan. If you use a larger pan than 12″, make sure to increase the recipe size.
Precook the crust until it starts to brown on the edges. This should be around 7 minutes but since it is so thin, you could watch it after 5 minutes.
Next apply the pizza sauce. I decided to make a white pizza and used Alfredo sauce. Now add the cheese.
And more cheese.
Broil the pizza for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.
And there you have it! Cut up the pizza with a nonstick pizza wheel and you’re good to go.
Losing Weight Without Fad Diets
In this Article
In this Article
In this Article
If you've followed a fad diet, you have plenty of company. But have you been able to stay on these deprivation diets for a long time? And if you did lose weight, did the pounds stay off once you went back to your usual way of eating?
Fad diets don't help you keep off the weight in the long term. So what does work? The best diet is not a diet at all, but a way of life that includes food you enjoy, exercise, and healthy habits.
Here's some simple, straightforward advice.
Variety is Key
Just as a car needs the proper gasoline to make it run, a body needs a healthy diet to develop properly.
These extracts are absolutely amazing in so many ways.
That means the right balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat -- as well as a host of other nutrients.
When you go on a fad diet and exclude necessary nutrients, you're putting yourself at risk for becoming ill. Getting too little of any nutrient may not cause an immediate problem. But if it's lacking for a long time, you may find you have health problems.
Practice Portion Control
Food servings have grown larger and larger over the years. And fast-food restaurants aren't the only places you'll find supersized meals. Researchers have noted that from 1970 through the 1990s, portion sizes of hamburgers, burritos, tacos, french fries, sodas, ice cream, pie, cookies, and salty snacks increased -- whether the foods were eaten at home or at restaurants.
What does a healthy serving size look like?
- A cup of fruit should be no larger than your fist.
- An ounce of meat or cheese is about the same as the size of your thumb from base to tip.
- 3 ounces of meat, fish, or poultry (a normal serving) is about the size of your palm.
- 1 to 2 ounces of nuts equals your cupped hand.
Here are some simple tricks to scale back your portions (and calories):
- Serve your meals on salad plates instead of large dinner plates.
- Store snack foods in tiny sandwich bags. When ordering out, share your entrée with a friend.
- Ask for a kids' meal or small size at a fast-food restaurant. Never go for a supersized portion.
Then, Follow These Simple Strategies
- Eat a variety of foods. Make sure your diet includes lean protein; complex carbohydrates such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables; and "good" fats like omega-3 fats from fish and monounsaturated fats from avocados, nuts, and olives or olive oil.
Potential adverse interaction with pain medications and prescription drugs for psychiatric conditions: Like a lot of other supplements, those who are taking pain and psychiatric medications should take extra caution before trying this supplement.
When you go on a fad diet and exclude necessary nutrients, you're putting yourself at risk for becoming ill. Getting too little of any nutrient may not cause an immediate problem. But if it's lacking for a long time, you may find you have health problems
- Say no to bad fats. Minimize how much saturated fat you get from animal sources, and eliminate trans fats from the fried foods, snacks, and fast-food products you eat.
- Get five a day. Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables each day. Choose different colors of fruits and vegetables to ensure optimal nutrition.
- Exercise at least 150 minutes each week. This can be divided into smaller blocks of time. For example, you could do a brisk walk for 10 minutes three times a day for 5 days to reach 150 minutes.
- Clean out the kitchen! Toss out high-calorie, high-fat, sugary foods that will tempt you to overeat -- chips, cookies, crackers, ice cream, candy bars, and the like. Then, fill your fridge and cupboards with lean protein, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, good fats, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently. Aim for five to six mini-meals per day. Space your meals every 3 to 4 hours. Try taking low fat cheese and whole-grain crackers to school or work for a snack, or eat a tablespoon of peanut butter with one slice of whole-grain bread. Find foods that are healthy and that keep you full.
- Fill up on the good stuff. Pile on the salad and super servings of green beans, broccoli, cabbage, kale, or other low-calorie vegetables instead of high-fat foods, breads, pasta, and desserts. If you’re still hungry after a meal and you want seconds, go for veggies.
- Snack on berries. Dark berries (blueberries, blackberries, cherries, and raspberries) are rich in healthy antioxidants.
You want to take a capsule with a minimum of 60% HCA.
They’re also low in calories and fat and high in fiber.
- Avoid "empty calories." Steer clear of sugar-containing sodas and fruit drinks.
If you need more information on weight loss and dieting, talk to your health care provider or a registered dietitian. Ask your doctor about your "ideal" weight and the number of calories you must eat to lose pounds and maintain an ideal weight.
Also, ask friends, family, or co-workers to join you as you work to change your eating habits and pare down your weight. Sticking to a weight loss plan is much easier when you have someone to support you.
Nielsen, S. Journal of the American Medical Association, Jan. 22-29, 2003.
Young, L. American Journal of Public Health, February 2002.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: "Eat Right Nutrition Tips."