Is garcinia cambogia safe during breastfeeding
Preuss also has his name attached to a 2005 research report on Garcinia cambogia and hydroxycitric acid.
Is It Safe To Use Garcinia Cambogia While You Are Pregnant?
Are you pregnant and have you gained a few kilos more than you would like? Do you feel you just canвЂ™t seem to control your ever-growing weight? Are you looking for supplements or medicines that you can take during your pregnancy to safely lose weight?
While you are pregnant, it is natural to check labels on anything you use eat or drink. If you have heard of the Garcinia Cambogia option and wanted to know whether can you take garcinia cambogia while pregnant, read our post to know more.
What Is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia is a plant, and you use the rind of its fruit to make medicines. Garcinia or Garcinia Cambogia is a medication that helps promote weight loss. While there isnвЂ™t much research available on the same, garcinia cambogia can prevent the storage of fat in the body, resulting in weight loss. Some also feel that it can control your appetite, cutting down the urge to eat and thus preventing additional weight gain (1).
Is It Safe To TakeВ Garcinia Cambogia While Pregnant?
There is not enough medical data to support whether or not is garcinia cambogia safe during pregnancy. To be on the safer side, you should avoid using the same while you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you would still wish to go ahead and give it a try, it is important to first speak to your doctor and get a go-ahead on the same (2).
What Does Garcinia Cambogia Do?
Garcinia Cambogia is a supplement from a naturally growing plant found mostly in Africa, Asia, Australia and Polynesia. The supplement is popular due to the following reasons:
- It blocks the fat from getting stored in your body, preventing excess weight gain.
- Taking the supplement will help cut down your appetite, which means that you feel less hungry and eat less. The same will also contribute to controlling your weight and preventing excess weight gain.
- The Garcinia Cambogia supplement will give you additional energy that will keep you feeling fresh and healthy even as you lose weight.
Side Effects Of Consuming Weight Loss Products During Pregnancy:
- When you are pregnant, your body is the sole source of nutrition and nourishment for your baby. Whatever you eat and drink or do not, will directly affect your baby.
- Eating a healthy and well-balanced diet is extremely crucial during your months of pregnancy, as it will help your baby grow and develop properly.
- The fat in your body is also important when you are pregnant, as it will help your unborn babyвЂ™s development. Your body has both good fat and bad fat. The different types of fats you consume will help in the proper development of your babyвЂ™s eyes and brain.
It all depends on the percentage HCA that it contains.
Not having enough fat in your body or not consuming enough fat will hinder your unborn babyвЂ™s proper development and growth.
- In your first trimester and sometimes even a few weeks into your second trimester, you may still experience nausea during pregnancy. While you are nauseous, it already reduces your appetite, which means that you are not able to eat properly. If you try to reduce your weight at this stage or curb your appetite, it may lead to a deficiency of nutrients in your body. The same can hinder your unborn babyвЂ™s proper growth and development.
How To Avoid Gaining Excess Weight While You Are Pregnant:
While pregnancy is a great time of joy and excitement, you may also be concerned about the extra weight that you gain. It is extremely important to maintain a healthy pregnancy weight, to ensure that both you and your baby are healthy and avoid any health complications. If you want to lose some weight, or want to make sure that your weight does not go over the recommended number, go for natural and safe ways to lose that weight. Here are a few tips that can help you:
1. Divide Your Meals Into Smaller Portions And More Frequent:
While you are pregnant, or if you want to lose weight, it is always a good idea to break up your meals into smaller ones and increase the frequency.
- Break up your meals into smaller portions. It will help the food get digested easily and will not make you feel too full or bloated.
- Once you increase the number of times you eat, it will prevent hunger pangs. You will not feel hungry in the long stretches in the middle of meals. Smaller and more frequent meals will also ensure that you do not snack up on junk.
2. Eat A Balanced Meal:
Eating a balanced meal will provide you with overall nutrition without adding unnecessary weight.
- Include lots of proteins, calcium, vitamins, some fats, fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Make sure you eat as much as home-cooked meals as possible and avoid the packaged and ready-to-eat variety. Packaged foods come loaded with extra sodium and other preservatives that are not good for your health and will only add up those extra calories.
3. Have Lots Of Water:
Water is one miracle drink that you should have as much as you can while you are pregnant, and even otherwise.
- It is important to hydrate yourself while you are pregnant. Drinking enough water will also keep you feeling full in between your meals and snacks, and prevent your urge to snack unhealthily.
- Drinking enough water will keep your digestive system healthy and prevent constipation which is a very common condition when you are pregnant.
Being fat may be the result of poor lifestyle choices or utter laziness.
But in 2012, the trajectory of Garcinia cambogia changed forever when world-famous TV personality Dr.
It will prevent bloating and additional weight gain too.
4. Add-In Exercise:
The key to staying fit and healthy while you are pregnant is to include some form of exercise.
- Speak to your doctor about what kinds of exercise you can perform.
- Be active and try to include some open air exercises in your daily routine, something even as simple yet effective as a daily walk.
Gaining excess weight while you are pregnant is not healthy, but going for supplements that help reduce weight is not a good option. Consult your doctor to know of healthier and safer choices.
Hope you liked our post on Garcinia Cambogia during pregnancy. Did you gain excess weight while you were pregnant? What did you do about it?
Is It Safe To Use Garcinia Cambogia While You Are Breastfeeding?
After conceiving, a womanвЂ™s body composition goes through a drastic change, yet normal. It is common to gain those extra pounds during the course of pregnancy. Post-pregnancy, most women would like to shed it off as early as possible. To achieve these weight loss goals, you may want to complement your daily workouts with some herbal supplements such as garcinia cambogia that support weight loss.
But wait! Before you go ahead, pause and check if such supplements are safe during breastfeeding. In this post, MomJunction helps you know about the effects of using garcinia cambogia while nursing.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia is a plant that belongs to the family of Clusiaceae. The fruit rind of the garcinia plant is mainly used to make medicine or supplements.
Various researches that have been carried out on the plant say that it might prevent the storage of fat in the body. However, there is no concrete evidence to this effect (1).
The fruit rind has hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which inhibits the production of Lyase, an enzyme that aids in the conversion of carbohydrates into fat. Also, regular usage of garcinia may help control or even curb your appetite.
Generally, garcinia and HCA are well tolerated in adults, with occasional reports of gastrointestinal discomfort.
Is Garcinia Cambogia Safe While Breastfeeding?
Medical professionals recommend to avoid the intake of garcinia during breastfeeding. It has no specific lactation-related uses.
Now, you might wonder why this natural supplement with no artificial ingredients, chemicals or binders in it, is not suitable for breastfeeding mothers. Know the reasons.
Reasons To Avoid Garcinia Cambogia During Breastfeeding
For many reasons like the below, it is better to stay away from garcinia cambogia extract during breastfeeding.
The equivalent hydroxycitric acid (HCA) dose in the trials ranged from 900 to 2,800 mg/day (15 to 47 mg/kg/day).
Affects The Nursing Baby
Ongoing studies claim that a baby may get affected if the nursing mother takes garcinia cambogia. They say that HCA passes on to the little one to show ‘garcinia effects’ such as appetite-loss and high metabolic rate. It may also affect the baby’s blood sugar levels.
2. Unhealthy Interactions In Mother’s Body
- After pregnancy, your body may react differently to supplements. They may interfere with your postpartum medications.
- HCA makes changes to the functioning of the metabolic system and, therefore, affects the nutrient supply. High metabolism is not beneficial for your health and any alteration to the nutrition supply may affect the milk quality.
- Moreover, HCA has an adverse effect on the blood sugar levels of the nursing mothers.
3. Reduces Appetite
Being a weight loss supplement, garcinia reduces appetite, which is not advisable while breastfeeding. In fact, doctors recommend a rich diet during this time as your milk is the only source of nutrients for the little one. If the appetite is lost, lactating mothers will not have enough energy to deal with the changes happening in their bodies while nursing.
4. Lack Of Research
No research support the safety and efficacy of garcinia cambogia in infants and nursing mothers. More medical studies are required to accurately estimate the amount of the herbвЂ™s extract that can transfer from mothers to their infants through breast milk. Lack of extensive research on the garcinia concentration levels in the breast milk makes it a supplement to be avoided while breastfeeding. In fact, any natural supplement need to be avoided if there is no enough research.
Considering these possible side-effects and a lack of scientific evidence, it is good to refrain from consuming garcinia cambogia during breastfeeding. Make healthy food choices and exercise to lose weight. If you still want to take it, consult your doctor and select the best garcinia extract on his advice.
1. Should a lactating mother totally avoid weight loss supplements?
A lactating mom is advised to avoid weight loss supplements. It is more important to concentrate on your infantвЂ™s health than on your body weight.
2. Does FDA approve dietary supplements?
A nod from the US Food and Drug Administration is not needed for the pre-marketing approval of dietary supplements. Even though manufacturers have to ensure the safety of such supplements, they need not prove their efficacy and safety.
Manufacturers seek the services of independent organizations to verify the product’s ingredients and quality.
We are one of the best brands of Garcinia Cambogia all over UK and are dealing with the manufacturing and distribution of this medicine since quite a long time now.
However, this does not certify their safety, and the supplements require deeper testing. Usually, the ingredients listed or their amounts mentioned on the product’s label do not match with the actual content.
Moms, what methods did you try to lose weight while you were breastfeeding? Tell us your story here. Leave a comment below. Fellow moms would love to hear from you.
Is Garcinia Cambogia Safe While Breastfeeding? Tips For Moms
If you recently had a baby, then you maybe looking for a fast and easy way to shed those excess pounds that you’ve accumulated throughout your pregnancy. Having heard about Garcinia Cambogia that promises to shed fat fast without diet or exercises, you may be considering to try this supplement to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
But the question is, should you take garcinia cambogia while nursing? Read below to find out the truth!
Is Garcinia Cambogia Safe While Breastfeeding?
Thanks to revolutionary, innovative scientific as well as clinical research, the newest and fastest fat buster that continues to amaze people with its natural effectiveness and safety is none other than the increasingly talked about pumpkin-shaped tamarind fruit called Garcinia Cambogia.
For individuals of all ages and especially for mothers who have recently given birth and who are looking to shed those unhealthy extra pounds quickly and without risking their health or their baby’s health, this miracle fruit with clinically proven health-improving properties might seem nature’s most prized gift. Studies have shown that this new extract helps increase weight loss by 2 to 3 times than with diet and exercise alone.
After giving birth, the need to get back into shape becomes a constant battle for each and every new mom, because the body composition goes through a drastic yet normal change and getting rid of the pounds accumulated during pregnancy ultimately becomes a question of health, not only of aesthetics. Nevertheless, during the lactation period, the safety of this extract becomes crucial, because it should produce no hazards to the sucking baby.
When asking “is Garcinia Cambogia safe while breast feeding?” the real answer lies in the expert opinion of medical professionals.
The Medical Facts Regarding “The Holy Grail” of Weight Loss Supplements (Dr. Oz)
According to Dr. Harry Preuss (Georgetown University Medical Center) who has studied extensively this natural extract, including its side effects, the ideal weight loss program is the one in which you burn stored fat in different parts of your body while retaining and even gaining more muscular mass; this is exactly what Garcinia Cambogia fruit extract is all about.
During pregnancy, due to lack of regular exercise, your body starts losing lean muscle mass, which is replaced by visceral fat, especially on the abdomen, thighs and hips.
He theorizes that garcinia cambogia might trigger manic episodes in people with a history of bipolar disorder, and “unmask” the condition in people who are at risk for bipolar disorder but have never experienced symptoms.
This medically backed and promising extract is also one of the least expensive natural extracts with proven efficacy in sustainable weight loss and this is why women who are breastfeeding are considering it the ultimate solution in their battle with the extra weight gained during pregnancy.
While its effectiveness in terms of blocking the production of fat and burning the existing fat is demonstrated by extensive clinical trials and ongoing positive reviews from satisfied customers, new moms are also looking to educate themselves in terms of its safety and this is why they want to know if Garcinia Cambogia is safe while breast feeding.
Not Enough Scientific Data on the Effects of Garcinia Cambogia on the Blood Milk Barrier
The medical professionals who have studied this new extract boasting a dual-action (appetite suppression and body fat reduction) in addition to overall health improvement recommend that women should avoid using this supplement while breastfeeding.
You might wonder why this natural and 100% pure supplement with no side-effects is not suitable for nursing mothers. The reason for this lies in the fact that its active compound, Hydroxyciclic Acid or HCA, which is an extremely potent and effective ingredient might pass the blood milk barrier with a certain delay. Therefore, due to lack of comprehensive evidence ( as opposed to the blood serum concentrations, the milk concentrations have not been fully studied yet) regarding the potential effects of Garcinia Cambogia on the sucking infant, medical doctors recommend staying on the safe side and postpone taking this supplement until the lactation period is complete.
For the accurate estimation of Garcinia Cambogia extract transfer from breastfeeding mothers to their infants via breast milk, further medical studies are necessary. Until then, again due to lack of extensive research on the level of concentration of Garcinia in the milk following the intake of this extract by the nursing mother, it is advised to avoid taking this dietary supplement while breastfeeding. This is also the case with other natural supplements whose effects on the sucking baby which have not been fully researched.
While this pure, natural extract is safe for most adults, especially if the chosen formula contains 100% pure Garcinia Cambogia extract, with no additives, preservatives or other harmful ingredients, medical doctors do not recommend it to pregnant or breastfeeding women, nor to people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.