Is garcinia cambogia safe to take during pregnancy
Oz praised Garcinia Cambogia, many dealers have launched this product but most of them don’t use appropriate proportion of ingredients.
Is It Safe To Use Garcinia Cambogia While You Are Breastfeeding?
After conceiving, a womanвЂ™s body composition goes through a drastic change, yet normal. It is common to gain those extra pounds during the course of pregnancy. Post-pregnancy, most women would like to shed it off as early as possible. To achieve these weight loss goals, you may want to complement your daily workouts with some herbal supplements such as garcinia cambogia that support weight loss.
But wait! Before you go ahead, pause and check if such supplements are safe during breastfeeding. In this post, MomJunction helps you know about the effects of using garcinia cambogia while nursing.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia is a plant that belongs to the family of Clusiaceae. The fruit rind of the garcinia plant is mainly used to make medicine or supplements.
Various researches that have been carried out on the plant say that it might prevent the storage of fat in the body. However, there is no concrete evidence to this effect (1).
The fruit rind has hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which inhibits the production of Lyase, an enzyme that aids in the conversion of carbohydrates into fat. Also, regular usage of garcinia may help control or even curb your appetite.
Generally, garcinia and HCA are well tolerated in adults, with occasional reports of gastrointestinal discomfort.
Is Garcinia Cambogia Safe While Breastfeeding?
Medical professionals recommend to avoid the intake of garcinia during breastfeeding. It has no specific lactation-related uses.
Now, you might wonder why this natural supplement with no artificial ingredients, chemicals or binders in it, is not suitable for breastfeeding mothers. Know the reasons.
Reasons To Avoid Garcinia Cambogia During Breastfeeding
For many reasons like the below, it is better to stay away from garcinia cambogia extract during breastfeeding.
1. Affects The Nursing Baby
Ongoing studies claim that a baby may get affected if the nursing mother takes garcinia cambogia. They say that HCA passes on to the little one to show ‘garcinia effects’ such as appetite-loss and high metabolic rate. It may also affect the baby’s blood sugar levels.
2. Unhealthy Interactions In Mother’s Body
- After pregnancy, your body may react differently to supplements. They may interfere with your postpartum medications.
- HCA makes changes to the functioning of the metabolic system and, therefore, affects the nutrient supply.
Never exceed the recommendations as they might not have an effect at all, and also, they might cause more rapid bowel movements, diarrhea and other unwanted effects.
High metabolism is not beneficial for your health and any alteration to the nutrition supply may affect the milk quality.
- Moreover, HCA has an adverse effect on the blood sugar levels of the nursing mothers.
3. Reduces Appetite
Being a weight loss supplement, garcinia reduces appetite, which is not advisable while breastfeeding. In fact, doctors recommend a rich diet during this time as your milk is the only source of nutrients for the little one. If the appetite is lost, lactating mothers will not have enough energy to deal with the changes happening in their bodies while nursing.
4. Lack Of Research
No research support the safety and efficacy of garcinia cambogia in infants and nursing mothers. More medical studies are required to accurately estimate the amount of the herbвЂ™s extract that can transfer from mothers to their infants through breast milk. Lack of extensive research on the garcinia concentration levels in the breast milk makes it a supplement to be avoided while breastfeeding. In fact, any natural supplement need to be avoided if there is no enough research.
Considering these possible side-effects and a lack of scientific evidence, it is good to refrain from consuming garcinia cambogia during breastfeeding. Make healthy food choices and exercise to lose weight. If you still want to take it, consult your doctor and select the best garcinia extract on his advice.
1. Should a lactating mother totally avoid weight loss supplements?
A lactating mom is advised to avoid weight loss supplements. It is more important to concentrate on your infantвЂ™s health than on your body weight.
2. Does FDA approve dietary supplements?
A nod from the US Food and Drug Administration is not needed for the pre-marketing approval of dietary supplements. Even though manufacturers have to ensure the safety of such supplements, they need not prove their efficacy and safety.
Manufacturers seek the services of independent organizations to verify the product’s ingredients and quality. However, this does not certify their safety, and the supplements require deeper testing. Usually, the ingredients listed or their amounts mentioned on the product’s label do not match with the actual content.
Moms, what methods did you try to lose weight while you were breastfeeding?
To achieve all the advantages that are assured to you with the use of Pure Nitro Max product, you need to take it daily basis.
Conclusive research has not shown complete weight loss in some studies, but in others, they have shown effectiveness in weight loss.
Tell us your story here. Leave a comment below. Fellow moms would love to hear from you.
Is It Safe To Use Garcinia Cambogia While You Are Pregnant?
Are you pregnant and have you gained a few kilos more than you would like? Do you feel you just canвЂ™t seem to control your ever-growing weight? Are you looking for supplements or medicines that you can take during your pregnancy to safely lose weight?
While you are pregnant, it is natural to check labels on anything you use eat or drink. If you have heard of the Garcinia Cambogia option and wanted to know whether can you take garcinia cambogia while pregnant, read our post to know more.
What Is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia is a plant, and you use the rind of its fruit to make medicines. Garcinia or Garcinia Cambogia is a medication that helps promote weight loss. While there isnвЂ™t much research available on the same, garcinia cambogia can prevent the storage of fat in the body, resulting in weight loss. Some also feel that it can control your appetite, cutting down the urge to eat and thus preventing additional weight gain (1).
Is It Safe To TakeВ Garcinia Cambogia While Pregnant?
There is not enough medical data to support whether or not is garcinia cambogia safe during pregnancy. To be on the safer side, you should avoid using the same while you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you would still wish to go ahead and give it a try, it is important to first speak to your doctor and get a go-ahead on the same (2).
What Does Garcinia Cambogia Do?
Garcinia Cambogia is a supplement from a naturally growing plant found mostly in Africa, Asia, Australia and Polynesia. The supplement is popular due to the following reasons:
- It blocks the fat from getting stored in your body, preventing excess weight gain.
- Taking the supplement will help cut down your appetite, which means that you feel less hungry and eat less. The same will also contribute to controlling your weight and preventing excess weight gain.
- The Garcinia Cambogia supplement will give you additional energy that will keep you feeling fresh and healthy even as you lose weight.
Side Effects Of Consuming Weight Loss Products During Pregnancy:
- When you are pregnant, your body is the sole source of nutrition and nourishment for your baby.
(You have to enjoy life, its not about always avoiding your favorite foods.
Whatever you eat and drink or do not, will directly affect your baby.
- Eating a healthy and well-balanced diet is extremely crucial during your months of pregnancy, as it will help your baby grow and develop properly.
- The fat in your body is also important when you are pregnant, as it will help your unborn babyвЂ™s development. Your body has both good fat and bad fat. The different types of fats you consume will help in the proper development of your babyвЂ™s eyes and brain. Not having enough fat in your body or not consuming enough fat will hinder your unborn babyвЂ™s proper development and growth.
- In your first trimester and sometimes even a few weeks into your second trimester, you may still experience nausea during pregnancy. While you are nauseous, it already reduces your appetite, which means that you are not able to eat properly. If you try to reduce your weight at this stage or curb your appetite, it may lead to a deficiency of nutrients in your body. The same can hinder your unborn babyвЂ™s proper growth and development.
How To Avoid Gaining Excess Weight While You Are Pregnant:
While pregnancy is a great time of joy and excitement, you may also be concerned about the extra weight that you gain. It is extremely important to maintain a healthy pregnancy weight, to ensure that both you and your baby are healthy and avoid any health complications. If you want to lose some weight, or want to make sure that your weight does not go over the recommended number, go for natural and safe ways to lose that weight. Here are a few tips that can help you:
1. Divide Your Meals Into Smaller Portions And More Frequent:
While you are pregnant, or if you want to lose weight, it is always a good idea to break up your meals into smaller ones and increase the frequency.
- Break up your meals into smaller portions. It will help the food get digested easily and will not make you feel too full or bloated.
- Once you increase the number of times you eat, it will prevent hunger pangs. You will not feel hungry in the long stretches in the middle of meals. Smaller and more frequent meals will also ensure that you do not snack up on junk.
2. Eat A Balanced Meal:
Eating a balanced meal will provide you with overall nutrition without adding unnecessary weight.
- Include lots of proteins, calcium, vitamins, some fats, fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Make sure you eat as much as home-cooked meals as possible and avoid the packaged and ready-to-eat variety.
I feel young, vigorous and physically powerful and in actual fact, it has encouraged my stamina also that assists me to be consistent particularly during workout.” Where to buy Elevate IGF?
Packaged foods come loaded with extra sodium and other preservatives that are not good for your health and will only add up those extra calories.
3. Have Lots Of Water:
Water is one miracle drink that you should have as much as you can while you are pregnant, and even otherwise.
- It is important to hydrate yourself while you are pregnant. Drinking enough water will also keep you feeling full in between your meals and snacks, and prevent your urge to snack unhealthily.
- Drinking enough water will keep your digestive system healthy and prevent constipation which is a very common condition when you are pregnant. It will prevent bloating and additional weight gain too.
4. Add-In Exercise:
The key to staying fit and healthy while you are pregnant is to include some form of exercise.
- Speak to your doctor about what kinds of exercise you can perform.
- Be active and try to include some open air exercises in your daily routine, something even as simple yet effective as a daily walk.
Gaining excess weight while you are pregnant is not healthy, but going for supplements that help reduce weight is not a good option. Consult your doctor to know of healthier and safer choices.
Hope you liked our post on Garcinia Cambogia during pregnancy. Did you gain excess weight while you were pregnant? What did you do about it?
Is Garcinia Cambogia Safe During Pregnancy?
Garcinia Cambogia is starting to become a household name for every person trying to lose weight. With so many people trying to become healthy and fit, this dietary supplement seems to be the answer to all of their problems. Not only are people successfully losing weight, but they have been doing so without the immense hunger that is normally experienced when dieting. However, is Garcinia Cambogia safe during pregnancy?
Before delving into the topic of pregnancy, every person currently taking or interested in using this supplement will need to know what it does to the body. First and foremost, Garcinia is a naturally growing plant that can be found in Asia, Australia, Africa and Polynesia. This plant grows a fruit used to make a variety of different medicines. In its natural form, Garcinia would not be consumed in enough quantity to cause a pregnant woman to become ill or suffer any side effects.
When used to lose weight, the Garcinia Cambogia found online is far more potent than when found as a fruit in the wild.
Even though we know this, we still don’t do something about it despite it being the cause of obesity that many of you are all complaining about.
This is because it has been extracted with the goal of producing weight loss benefits. The supplement allows users to lose weight by:
- Blocking fat from being stored
- Reducing a person’s appetite
- Increasing the energy a person has while taking the supplement
Naturally, Garcinia Cambogia does not pose a risk to pregnant women. However, as seen with the weight loss properties that it has, some immediate concerns exist. These concerns pertain directly to women that are pregnant and will be especially concerning during the early stages of pregnancy.
Fat is needed during pregnancy to allow a baby to develop. While there are a variety of different fats that a person consumes, they will all be needed for brain and eye development. Lacking these fats will cause growth related issues for the baby.
During the first trimester, a woman may already suffer from a loss of appetite due to morning sickness. Since this supplement reduces a person’s appetite, the baby may not receive the necessary nutrients needed for proper growth.
Blood pressure related issues are always a concern for during pregnancy. If a woman has diabetes, ensuring that their blood pressure never drops too low is essential. Garcinia Cambogia is not recommended for any person that has diabetes or problems related to blood pressure.
Pregnancy is supposed to be the happiest moment in a woman’s life. While there are always concerns and complications, adding to them is not going to be warranted. The use of Garcinia Cambogia during pregnancy has not been recommended because of the fat blocking and appetite suppressant properties that it provides. After pregnancy, during the breastfeeding period of a baby’s life, the dietary supplement is also not recommended. While the baby may not be effected from the mother’s ingestion of the supplement directly, they will be by the milk that is fed to them. This can lead a baby to eat less and not store the fats that their body needs to develop adequately.