Maximum dosage of garcinia cambogia
In fact, HCA has shown to decrease lactic acid build up in the muscle, which allows and helps you to workout longer and harder, ultimately helping in complete weight loss.
Garcinia (hydroxycitric acid)
Scientific Name(s): Garcinia cambogia (Gaertn.) Desr. Family: Clusiaceae (Guttiferae)
Common Name(s): Malabar tamarind , hydroxycitric acid ( HCA )
The medical literature primarily documents weight loss and lipid-lowering activity for the plant. However, trials supporting its use are limited.
The dosages of G. cambogia extract in clinical trials ranged from 1,500 to 4,667 mg/day (25 to 78 mg/kg/day). The equivalent hydroxycitric acid (HCA) dose in the trials ranged from 900 to 2,800 mg/day (15 to 47 mg/kg/day). G. cambogia is available in capsule or tablet form with a maximum dose of 1,500 mg/day.
Avoid use if there is a known allergy or hypersensitivity to any components of G. cambogia .
Information regarding safety and efficacy in pregnancy and lactation is lacking.
The herb has documented drug interactions.
At least 15 clinical studies involving approximately 900 patients document very mild adverse reactions. Most adverse reactions included headache, dizziness, dry mouth, and GI complaints such as nausea and diarrhea.
Toxicology studies resulted in no toxicity or deaths in animals at dosages of HCA 5,000 mg/kg, equivalent to 350 g or 233 times the maximum dosage of 1.5 g/day of HCA. In patients taking certain combination weight-loss supplements containing G. cambogia , severe or even fatal hepatotoxicity may occur.
The genus Garcinia is mainly distributed in tropical regions and includes approximately 200 species. G. cambogia belongs to the family Guttiferae and is found in India, Malaysia, and Africa. G. cambogia is commonly found in evergreen or semievergreen forests of southwest India, where 36 other species have been documented. 1 , 2 The plant species has variability in its branching pattern, fruit color, shape, and size. 1 The tree is small-to-medium in size with drooping branches. The leaves are dark green and glossy, oval-shaped with a narrow end, 5 to 12 cm in length, and 2 to 7 cm around. The tree is tolerant to drought and flowers during the hot season. The yellow, orange, or red fruit ripens during the rainy season and contains HCA. It is ovoid in shape, 5 centimeters around, has 6 to 8 seeds, and is listed in the US Department of Agriculture inventory of perennial edible fruits. 2
Dried fruit rinds have been used extensively for centuries throughout Southeast Asia for culinary purposes as a condiment and flavoring agent in place of tamarind or lemon. Additional culinary uses include the flavoring of curries, meat, and seafood. The fruit extract has been used as a flavoring agent for beverages and gourmet spices, as well as a carminative, thereby helping to prevent the formation of gas in the GI tract after a meal. HCA and other organic acids from the dried rind combined with salt help lower pH and provide a bacteriostatic effect used in curing fish. The herb is considered beneficial for overall health in the traditional Ayurvedic medical system. Rheumatism and bowel complaints are treated with a decoction of the fruit rind. A rinse is used from the herbal extract in veterinary medicine for some diseases of the mouth in cattle. HCA has also become popular as an ingredient for weight loss. 2 , 3 , 4
HCA is the primary medicinal component contained in the fruit rinds of G. cambogia . 5 HCA is present as up to 30% by weight in the pericarp of G. cambogia fruit. 6 Xanthones, xanthone derivatives, and polyisoprenylated benzophenones have been isolated. 6 , 7 Some salts used in commercial products are water soluble and bioavailable, and are a good source of calcium (495 mg) and potassium (720 mg). 8 Studies also document interest in production of HCA by using microorganisms. 9 , 10
Uses and Pharmacology
The medical literature primarily documents research on the weight loss and lipid-lowering activity of the plant.
In vitro and animal data
In 2 experiments using the human hepatoma cell line HepG2, overnight exposure to G. cambogia extract caused an upregulation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor activity and an upregulation of the level of HMG-CoA reductase resulting in decreased cholesterol synthesis. 11 Flavonoids from the plant reduced lipid levels in normal and hypercholesterolemic rats. 7 Reductions were also documented in triglycerides, phospholipids, and free fatty acids. The mechanism of action for the flavonoids may involve: (1) reducing the rate of lipogenesis by reducing the activities of lipogenic enzymes, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, and isocitrate dehydrogenase; and (2) increasing the rate of degradation of cholesterol leading to higher levels of hepatic and fecal bile acids, as well as neutral sterols in rats treated with the herb. While dexamethasone typically elevates lipid profiles, G. cambogia extract maintained normal lipid levels in rats administered dexamethasone. 12
In a 4-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 150 obese patients were treated with a dietary supplement ( G. cambogia extract 55 mg, chitosan 240 mg, and chrome 19 mg) together with a weight reduction regimen. Treatment groups administered the dietary supplement showed statistically significant dose-related reductions in weight, total and LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides, and improvement in high density lipoprotein cholesterol. 13
The suggested mechanism of action involves HCA-inhibiting lipogenesis, increasing lipid oxidation, and reducing food intake. 3 , 14
A study in obese rats found high doses of HCA-containing G. cambogia (154 mmol HCA/kg diet) effective in suppressing epididymal adipose tissue. This same study also found testicular atrophy and toxicity at dosages of 778 mg HCA/kg body weight/day (102 mmol HCA/kg diet) and higher. 4 Another study in rats administered a high-fat diet and a mixture of G. cambogia extract, soypeptide, and L-carnitine, led to a reduction in body weight and accumulation of visceral fat mass. 15 The mixture also improved blood and hepatic lipid concentrations or the induced dyslipidemia in the rats. Other combination products with G. cambogia are also effective in reducing weight gain and improving dyslipidemia, hyperinsulinemia, hyperleptinemia, and fatty liver in mice. 16 The antiobesity effect involves modulation of several genes associated with visceral adipogenesis. One study in adult, nonobese cats found no effect on fat-free mass or energy expenditure. 17
In an 8-week randomized clinical trial, 40 patients were given either placebo or G. cambogia extract (500 mg/capsule) by mouth before each meal. Patients administered the extract exhibited weight loss and improvement in cholesterol and triglycerides when compared with the placebo group. 2
In a 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 40 obese patients were treated with a combination supplement containing G. cambogia 50 mg as well as a 1,200 calorie diet per day. Two tablets of the supplement were taken by mouth 3 times a day after meals. The treatment group attained a 3.5 kg weight loss versus 1.2 kg on placebo, and a more than 85% reduction in fat loss in body composition measurements. The majority of the active group participants did not follow the diet regimen. 18
In a 12-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group trial, 89 mildly overweight women were treated with a 1,200 kcal diet along with 2 caplets of G. cambogia 400 mg or matched placebo 3 times a day before each meal.
By doing all three of them, you should transform into a much thinner person in a matter of weeks.
At the end of the trial, both groups lost weight, but the treatment group achieved greater reduction in body weight. G. cambogia had no effect on appetitive variables. 14
Numerous studies document the safety profile of the calcium-potassium double salt of 60% HCA preparation (HCA-SX), as well as its bioavailability and efficacy in helping patients attain a healthy body weight. 3 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 23
An 8-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study examined the efficacy of HCA-SX in 54 overweight patients. The treatment group was administered a combination supplement containing G. cambogia 500 mg 3 times a day while the control group received the placebo. All patients were asked to maintain a low-fat diet and drink 64 oz of water per day. The treatment group lost an average weight of 11.14 lb/person as compared with the control group, which lost an average of 4.2 lb/person. 19
Another 8-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study examined the efficacy of HCA in 60 obese patients. The dosage regimen for HCA was 400 mg 3 times a day before each meal. All patients were on a low-fat diet and also instructed to exercise 3 times a week. Results indicated weight loss for the experimental group compared with the placebo group and that 87% of the weight loss in the HCA group was because of fat loss. Appetite scores were also reduced in the HCA-treated group. 19
Visceral, subcutaneous, and total fat accumulation were reduced in 39 patients over 16 weeks in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. The dosage regimen included HCA 1,000 mg/day versus placebo. At the end of the treatment, both groups were administered placebo for 4 weeks and no rebound effect was documented. 24
Another clinical study documented that treatment with HCA failed to produce weight change and fat mass change in patients. 25 However, the design of the clinical trial, the lack of bioavailability, and dosage of HCA used have been criticized. 2
Other pharmacologic activity
Some studies found that supplementation with G. cambogia can reduce oxidative damage. 26
The fruit contains xanthones, which inhibit pre-neoplastic lesions in mammary and colon cancer. The xanthones may also induce apoptosis in mouth, leukemia, breast, gastric, and lung cancer cell lines in vitro. 27
Glucose metabolism may be improved by lowering serum insulin levels in mice treated with G. cambogia . Leptin is a hormone associated with appetite control. G. cambogia may have leptin-like activity as mice treated with G. cambogia had decreased serum leptin levels and a reduced leptin/white adipose tissue ratio. 28 HCA treatment delayed and reduced intestinal glucose absorption in rats; the treatment causes delayed intestinal absorption of glucose rather than delayed gastric emptying. 29
HCA promoted lipid oxidation and reduced carbohydrate use in mice at rest and during running. 30 The utilization of respiratory gases was reduced for mice treated with HCA at rest and during exercise. Some studies on herbal coffee supplements with HCA showed an increase in resting energy expenditure to enhance metabolic rates and promote weight and fat loss. 31 , 32
Antiulcer activity was observed against induced gastric mucosal injury in rats with pretreatment of G. cambogia extract that decreased volume and acidity of gastric juice. 33 A similar study in rats found activity against indomethacin-induced gastric ulcers. 34 The anti-inflammatory activity of G. cambogia protected against induced colitis in rats. 35
Red blood cell count
A G. cambogia extract caused an increase in the red blood cell (RBC) count in rat tissue. The activity may be (1) associated with the iron in G. cambogia , as iron is an erythropoietic agent; (2) antioxidant activity and may decrease the rate of oxidant-induced hemolysis, which increases the life span of the RBC; or (3) the content of bioflavonoids in the plant, which may increase the level of peripheral testosterone, which can stimulate erythropoiesis in humans. 36
The dosages of G. cambogia extract in clinical trials ranged from 1,500 to 4,667 mg/day (25 to 78 mg/kg/day). The equivalent HCA dose in the trials ranged from 900 to 2,800 mg/day (15 to 47 mg/kg/day). 2 , 14 , 18 , 19 , 23 , 24 , 25 G. cambogia is available in capsule or tablet form with a maximum dose of 1,500 mg/day.
Due to lack of clinical and scientific information, use should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation. One animal study in rats documented decreased maternal body weight gain during gestation. 37
In patients taking medications for diabetes by mouth or insulin, G. cambogia may lower blood sugar levels. 28 , 29
G. cambogia contains iron and thus may have additive adverse reactions for patients taking medications for anemia. 36
Potassium and calcium supplements
Some commercial G. cambogia products contain adequate amounts of potassium and calcium. 8 Caution is advised for patients taking medications for heart disease, high blood pressure, or arrhythmia while supplementing with any product containing this herb.
A mouse study using a commercial polyherbal product containing G. cambogia found a potential serotonergic effect on food intake. Caution is advised for patients being treated for pain or taking medications for any psychiatric condition. 38
Singulair (or leukotriene receptor antagonists)
One case report documented fatal liver failure in a patient taking Singulair and 2 dietary supplements, one of which included G. cambogia and citrus derivatives. 39
A case report of rhabdomyolysisis is documented in a patient taking a combination herbal medicine containing G. cambogia . 40
In one case report, the international normalized ratio of a patient returned to normal after he stopped taking a combination herbal product containing G. cambogia . 41
A total of 15 clinical studies involving approximately 900 patients documented very mild adverse reactions. Most adverse reactions included headache, dizziness, dry mouth, and GI complaints such as nausea and diarrhea. 2 , 42
Toxicology studies resulted in no toxicity or deaths in animals at HCA dosages of 5,000 mg/kg, equivalent to 350 g or 233 times the maximum dose of 1.5 g/day of HCA. 5 In patients taking certain combination weight-loss supplements containing G. cambogia , severe or even fatal hepatotoxicity may occur. 43 , 44 Some animal studies document testicular toxicity, 4 , 45 while other studies do not. 46 , 47
No unusual electrocardiographic effects (QTc interval or other electrocardiograph variables) were seen over 5 hours in patients taking half the recommended dose of a multicomponent weight loss supplement containing G. cambogia . 48 Patients receiving G. cambogia extract (1,667.3 mg/kg equivalent to 1,000 mg HCA/day) for 12 weeks exhibited no reproductive toxicity on serum testosterone, estrone, and estradiol levels. 49
This is always true regardless of what you may have been told.
It doesn’t have a live chat feature where customers can speak directly with someone to get answers without having to send an email or make a phone call.
Soni MG, Burdock GA, Preuss HG, Stohs SJ, Ohia SE, Bagchi D. Safety assessment of (-)-hydroxycitric acid and Super CitriMax, a novel calcium/potassium salt. Food Chem Toxicol . 2004;42(9):1513-1529.
3. Ohia SE, Opere CA, LeDay AM, Bagchi M, Bagchi D, Stohs SJ. Safety and mechanism of appetite suppression by a novel hydroxycitric acid extract (HCA-SX). Mol Cell Biochem . 2002;238(1-2):89-103.
4. Saito M, Ueno M, Ogino S, Kubo K, Nagata J, Takeuchi M. High dose of Garcinia cambogia is effective in suppressing fat accumulation in developing male Zucker obese rats, but highly toxic to the testis. Food Chem Toxicol . 2005;43(3):411-419.
5. Jena BS, Jayaprakasha GK, Singh RP, Sakariah KK. Chemistry and biochemistry of (-)-hydroxycitric acid from Garcinia . J Agric Food Chem . 2002;50(1):10-22.
6. Masullo M, Bassarello C, Suzuki H, Pizza C, Piacente S. Polyisoprenylated benzophenones and an unusual polyisoprenylated tetracyclic xanthone from the fruits of Garcinia cambogia . J Agric Food Chem . 2008;56(13):5205-5210.
7. Koshy AS, Anila L, Vijayalakshmi NR. Flavonoids from Garcinia cambogia lower lipid levels in hypercholesterolemic rats. Food Chem . 2001;72(3):289-294.
8. Downs BW, Bagchi M, Subbaraju GV, Shara MA, Preuss HG, Bagchi D. Bioefficacy of a novel calcium-potassium salt of (-)-hydroxycitric acid. Mutat Res . 2005;579(1-2):149-162.
9. Hida H, Yamada T, Yamada Y. Production of hydroxycitric acid by microorganisms. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem . 2005;69(8):1555-1561.
10. Yamada T, Hida H, Yamada Y. Chemistry, physiological properties, and microbial production of hydroxycitric acid. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol . 2007;75(5):977-982.
11. Berkhout TA, Havekes LM, Pearce NJ, Groot PH. The effect of (-)-hydroxycitrate on the activity of the low-density-lipoprotein receptor and 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase levels in the human hepatoma cell line Hep G2. Biochem J . 1990;272(1):181-186.
12. Mahendran P, Devi CS. Effect of Garcinia cambogia extract on lipids and lipoprotein composition in dexamethasone administered rats. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol . 2001;45(3):345-350.
13. Girola M, De Bernardi M, Contos S, et al. Dose effect in lipid-lowering activity of a new dietary integrator (chitosan), Garcinia combogia extract and chrome. Acta Toxicol Ther . 1996;17(1):25-40.
14. Mattes RD, Bormann L. Effects of (-)-hydroxycitric acid on appetitive variables. Physiol Behav . 2000;71(1-2):87-94.
15. Kim YJ, Kim KY, Kim MS, Lee JH, Lee KP, Park T. A mixture of the aqueous extract of Garcinia cambogia , soy peptide and L: -carnitine reduces the accumulation of visceral fat mass in rats rendered obese by a high fat diet. Genes Nutr . 2008;2(4):353-358.
16. Kim KY, Lee HN, Kim YJ, Park T. Garcinia cambogia extract ameliorates visceral adiposity in C57BL/6J mice fed on a high-fat diet. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem . 2008;72(7):1772-1780.
17. Leray V, Dumon H, Martin L, et al. No effect of conjugated linoleic acid or Garcinia cambogia on fat-free mass, and energy expenditure in normal cats. J Nutr . 2006;136(suppl 7):1982S-1984S.
18. Thom E. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of a new weight-reducing agent of natural origin. J Int Med Res . 2000;28(5):229-233.
19. Lau FC, Bagchi M, Sen C, Roy S, Bagchi D. Nutrigenomic analysis of diet-gene interactions on functional supplements for weight management. Curr Genomics . 2008;9(4):239-251.
20. Talpur N, Echard BW, Yasmin T, Bagchi D, Preuss HG. Effects of niacin-bound chromium, Maitake mushroom fraction SX and (-)-hydroxycitric acid on the metabolic syndrome in aged diabetic Zucker fatty rats. Mol Cell Biochem . 2003;252(1-2):369-377.
21. Bagchi D, Deshmukh NS, Soni MG, Bagchi M. Safety of a novel calcium/potassium salt of (-)-hydroxycitric acid: I. Two generation reproduction toxicity study. Toxicol Lett . 2007;172(suppl 1):S190.
22. Asghar M, Monjok E, Kouamou G, Ohia SE, Bagchi D, Lokhandwala MF. Super CitriMax (HCA-SX) attenuates increases in oxidative stress, inflammation, insulin resistance, and body weight in developing obese Zucker rats. Mol Cell Biochem . 2007;304(1-2):93-99.
23. Preuss HG, Rao CV, Garis R, et al. An overview of the safety and efficacy of a novel, natural(-)-hydroxycitric acid extract (HCA-SX) for weight management. J Med . 2004;35(1-6):33-48.
24. Hayamizu K, Ishii Y, Kaneko I, et al. Effects of Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) on visceral fat accumulation: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. CurrTher Res Clin Exp . 2003;64(8):551-567.
25. Heymsfield SB, Allison DB, Vasselli JR, Pietrobelli A, Greenfield D, Nunez C. Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA . 1998;280(18):1596-1600.
26. Yonei Y, Takahashi Y, Hibino S, Watanabe M, Yoshioka T. Effects on the human body of a dietary supplement containing L-carnitine and Garcinia cambogia extract: a study using double-blind tests. J Clin Biochem Nutr . 2008;42(2):89-103.
27. Mazzio EA, Soliman KF. In vitro screening for the tumoricidal properties of international medicinal herbs. Phytother Res . 2009;23(3):385-398.
28. Hayamizu K, Hirakawa H, Oikawa D, et al. Effect of Garcinia cambogia extract on serum leptin and insulin in mice. Fitoterapia . 2003;74(3):267-273.
29. Wielinga PY, Wachters-Hagedoorn RE, Bouter B, et al. Hydroxycitric acid delays intestinal glucose absorption in rats. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol . 2005;288(6):G1144-G1149.
30. Ishihara K, Oyaizu S, Onuki K, Lim K, Fushiki T. Chronic (-)-hydroxycitrate administration spares carbohydrate utilization and promotes lipid oxidation during exercise in mice. J Nutr . 2000;130(12):2990-2995.
31. Hoffman JR, Kang J, Ratamess NA, Jennings PF, Mangine G, Faigenbaum AD. Thermogenic effect from nutritionally enriched coffee consumption. J Int Soc Sports Nutr . 2006;3:35-41.
32. Taylor LW, Wilborn CD, Harvey T, Wismann J, Willoughby DS. Acute effects of ingesting Java Fittrade mark energy extreme functional coffee on resting energy expenditure and hemodynamic responses in male and female coffee drinkers. J Int Soc Sports Nutr . 2007;4:10.
33. Mahendran P, Sabitha KE, Devi CS. Prevention of HCl-ethanol induced gastric mucosal injury in rats by Garcinia cambogia extract and its possible mechanism of action. Indian J Exp Biol . 2002;40(1):58-62.
34. Mahendran P, Vanisree AJ, Shyamala Devi CS. The antiulcer activity of Garcinia cambogia extract against indomethacin-induced gastric ulcer in rats. Phytother Res . 2002;16(1):80-83.
35. dos Reis SB, de Oliveira CC, Acedo SC, et al. Attenuation of colitis injury in rats using Garcinia cambogia extract. Phytother Res . 2009;23(3):324-329.
36. Oluyemi KA, Omotuyi IO, Jimoh OR, Adesanya OA, Saalu CL, Josiah SJ. Erythropoietic and anti-obesity effects of Garcinia cambogia (bitter kola) in Wistar rats. Biotechnol Appl Biochem . 2007;46(pt 1):69-72.
37. Deshmukh NS, Bagchi M, Yasmin T, Bagchi D. Safety of a novel calcium/potassium salt of (-) hydroxycitric acid (HCA-SX): II.
This also works best with Chromium (200mcg) which helps you to regulate your body’s blood sugar levels and build the muscles.
Developmental toxicity study in rats. Toxicol Mech Methods . 2008;18(5):443-451.
38. Kaur G, Kulkarni SK. Investigations on possible serotonergic involvement in effects of OB-200G (polyherbal preparation) on food intake in female mice. Eur J Nutr . 2001;40(3):127-133.
39. Actis GC, Bugianesi E, Ottobrelli A, Rizzetto M. Fatal liver failure following food supplements during chronic treatment with montelukast. Dig Liver Dis . 2007;39(10):953-955.
40. Mansi IA, Huang J. Rhabdomyolysis in response to weight-loss herbal medicine. [Published correction appears in: Am J Med Sci . 2004;328(2):129.] Am J Med Sci . 2004;327(6):356-357.
41. Ferris DJ. Interaction between warfarin and Garcinia cambogia (Fat Burner); a case report. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting . 38(DEC): p P-404(D). 2003.
42. Pittler MH, Schmidt K, Ernst E. Adverse events of herbal food supplements for body weight reduction: systematic review. Obes Rev . 2005;6(2):93-111.
43. Shim M, Saab S. Severe hepatotoxicity due to Hydroxycut: a case report. Dig Dis Sci . 2009;54(2):406-408.
44. Lobb A. Hepatoxicity associated with weight-loss supplements: a case for better post-marketing surveillance. World J Gastroenterol . 2009;15(14):1786-1787.
45. Anno T, Oono H, Tamura K. Improvement of testicular toxicity in F/344DuCrj male rats fed Ca-type Garcinia cambogia extract by zinc supplemented diets. Nippon Shokuhin Kagaku Gakkaishi . 2005;12(3):121-127.
46. Shara M, Ohia SE, Yasmin T, et al. Dose- and time-dependent effects of a novel (-)-hydroxycitric acid extract on body weight, hepatic and testicular lipid peroxidation, DNA fragmentation and histopathological data over a period of 90 days. Mol Cell Biochem . 2003;254(1-2):339-346.
47. Burdock G, Soni M, Bagchi M, Bagchi D. Garcinia cambogia toxicity is misleading. [Published correction appears in: Food Chem Toxicol . 2007;45(3):515.] Food Chem Toxicol . 2005;43(11):1683-1684; author reply 1685-1686.
48. Min B, McBride BF, Kardas MJ, et al. Electrocardiographic effects of an ephedra-free, multicomponent weight-loss supplement in healthy volunteers. Pharmacotherapy . 2005;25(5):654-659.
49. Hayamizu K, Tomi H, Kaneko I, Shen M, Soni MG, Yoshino G. Effects of Garcinia cambogia extract on serum sex hormones in overweight subjects. Fitoterapia . 2008;79(4):255-261.
Copyright © 2009 Wolters Kluwer Health
Garcinia Cambogia Dosage
Perhaps you are like many others and intrigued by Garcinia Cambogia’s impressive role in aiding weight loss. Initial research shows Garcinia Cambogia to be a powerful ally in the fight to keep off the extra pounds.
Many people are eager to see what this notable extract can do to help them get the slimmer, healthier figure they have dreamed of, but are left wondering how to take the supplement.
Basic guidelines can help you know how much Garcinia Cambogia to take and get you ready to begin your weight loss journey. If you take too little Garcinia Cambogia it will give you little positive effect. If you take too much you may have an upset stomach.
So you have to take just the right dose for you. Everyone is different, but I am going to outline to you the generally accepted doses that the average person has taken with great success.
*Please note that you may have to adjust your doses depending on how YOU FEEL. It all depends on your tolerance and how well you respond to Garcinia Cambogia.
How Much Garcinia Cambogia to Take
Recommendations vary slightly on how much Garcinia Cambogia to take, but this is to be expected as factors such as age, health, weight, and gender can create variants in dosage.
The recommended doses for Garcinia Cambogia generally range from 250 mg to 1000 mg per dose. The most common dosing guidelines call for taking 300 mg to 500 mg per dose.
How to Take Garcinia Cambogia
Most experts recommend that people take Garcinia Cambogia supplements three times per day, though some recommend taking it only twice a day. Each dose typically ranges from 250-1000 mg.
Garcinia Cambogia should be taken every day. Garcinia Cambogia should be taken anywhere from a half an hour to an hour before a meal. Each dose should be taken with a large glass of water for maximum efficacy.
Pure Garcinia Cambogia Reviews: Weight Loss & Side Effects
Garcinia cambogia also known as Malabar tamarind, brindle-berry, and Kudam Puli is a tropical fruit that has gained popularity for its weight loss benefits.
Garcinia cambogia is a citrus fruit, which grows and is extracted from Southeast Asia, Central Africa, West Africa, and Indonesia. The fruit tastes amazing and has long been used in the culinary world.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
HCA works in a variety of different ways to make weight loss as effective as possible.
Garcinia cambogia acts to suppress your appetite inhibit the production of fat and fat storage, as well as burns unwanted fat deposits throughout the entire body. In addition to this, HCA helps lift depression and mood disorders, which can be very impactful for those who are emotional eaters.
Garcinia cambogia contains vitamins and minerals such as:
In this post, we will be discussing all the benefits of Garcinia Cambogia as well as the side effects, and the best forms of Garcinia Cambogia that’s available.
These upcoming benefits will help you understand how this supplement works for weight loss. Let’s dive in!
Garcinia Cambogia for Weight Loss
Scientist first discovered the acidic tone inside the fruit in the 1960s, that acid has been named hydroxycitric acid also known as HCA.
Hydroxycitric acid found its popularity for over the last 20 years and has been touted as the next miracle weight loss supplement.
The rind of Garcinia Cambogia contains HCA and is what proponents claim to decrease appetite and prevent the body of accumulating fat.
Researchers found HCA to be effective in blocking an enzyme called citrate lyase, which is an enzyme that helps turn sugars and starches into fat.
Garcinia cambogia is, in fact, a derived benefit of HCA, all names from Garcinia Cambogia relate to the same thing.
Lucky throughout recent years researchers have found more information on garcinia cambogia supplementation.
Garcinia Cambogia Reviews
When it comes to Garcinia cambogia our research has shown that the only safe and effective HCA supplement we found is pure garcinia cambogia.
In fact, since the FDA does not regulate most supplements on the market, some garcinia Cambogia supplements have shown to be ineffective and dangerous.
This danger all stems from the manufacture of Garcinia Cambogia, which is up to each manufacturer to decide how much garcinia cambogia is packed in each pill.
A lot of garcinia cambogia manufacturers have failed third part testing of these supplements, so finding a pure Garcinia Cambogia supplement is crucial, not only for weight loss but curbing of any unwanted side effects.
This different amount of supplement variants has caused dangerous problems and reactions in certain people.
Although garcinia cambogia HCA can be effective in weight loss, pure garcinia cambogia extract is needed.
Conclusive research has not shown complete weight loss in some studies, but in others, they have shown effectiveness in weight loss.
Garcinia Cambogia Benefits
The hydroxycitric acid HCA is the main active ingredient in pure garcinia cambogia extract.
With 60% HCA in every dosage, Garcinia Cambogia Extra is one the top garcinia cambogia product to try today.
HCA blocks citrate lyase enzyme, which is a metabolic enzyme that converts sugars and carbohydrates into fatty acids, cholesterol, and triglycerides.
This helps in weight loss because what the human body cannot use as energy, it stores as fat. This fat can formulate in most people around their hips, waist, thighs, and buttocks. The HCA of pure garcinia cambogia extract interrupts the metabolic process and slows down the conversion of stored energy into fats.
One of the chief benefits of garcinia cambogia extract is its ability to halt fat storage.
Another added advantage of pure garcinia cambogia extract is its ability to help boost the metabolism. In fact not only does the HCA in garcinia cambogia help boost your metabolism, it also helps your metabolism be as effective as it can be.
In fact, the HCA helps balance metabolism reactions, which is why it helps within the process. This process allows the body to use more energy. The use of more energy allows the body to tap into your fat stores, for fuel and energy. Through this process, pure garcinia cambogia extract can reduce fat as well as keep excess weight down.
One of the best parts about Garcinia Cambogia is its effective appetite suppressant qualities. Therefore, it helps you feel full for longer periods of time, while also decreasing mood eating. For centuries, Garcinia Cambogia has been used in many different cultures to suppress appetite.
Researchers have found HCA to be effective in its ability to suppress the appetite. Garcinia cambogia does this by increasing the serotonin levels in the body. The HCA effects serotonin levels that affect the brains regulatory processes, which affects appetite and mood.
These elevated serotonin levels promote weight loss suppressing appetite and sugar cravings throughout the entire day. The appetite suppressant is another effective way in which garcinia cambogia supports weight loss. In fact, HCA ability to increase serotonin levels have shown to also be effective in treating depression, as it helps lift depression and improves mood.
This added benefit of garcinia cambogia is great for emotional eaters. HCA also acts as an anti-depressant, because of its ability to increase serotonin levels.
Improves Immune Function
Another great-added advantage of HCA garcinia cambogia is its ability to help improve your immune function. Researchers conducted studies that indicated HCA as the ability to improve the body’s response to infections, disease, and illness.
In fact, the high levels of vitamin C found in garcinia cambogia have shown to be effective in restoring normal immune function. Garcinia cambogia also showed to be effective in shortening the duration of sicknesses like the flu and common cold.
This whole process can be effective in helping weight loss by giving the body better function, and ability to retain optimal health throughout any weight loss plan or regiment. Pure garcinia cambogia extract is filled with vitamins and minerals that can assist your body as a whole, which inevitably can be the most effective way in loosing weight.
Proper weight loss with HCA is most effective in cases that took an overall fitness and health change. Researchers found that patients who controlled multiple factors of an effective weight loss regiment such as dieting, exercising, nutrition, to be most effective in overall weight loss.
The weight loss HCA also provides was correlated with the ability to keep the weight off in long-term studies.
Lowers Blood Cholesterol Levels
Since garcinia cambogia HCA ability to stop citrate lyase enzyme, it has shown to be effective in lowering blood cholesterol. HCA blocks the transformation of sugars into fats and also blocks fat production. HCA also allows the body to reduce the amounts of lipids in the blood stream, helping lower bad cholesterol as well as increasing the production of good cholesterol.
This can be really effective in overall heart health, as well as the quality of life. In addition to HCA ability in keeping cholesterol levels in check, garcinia cambogia lowers blood pressure. These two ability’s of HCA is able to impact mood, heart health, and immune function.
The added advantage to weight loss is the ability to stop the storage of lipids and fats throughout the body, as well as convert them to energy. Lowering of blood cholesterol can impact long-term weight loss as well as increase the body’s ability to keep cholesterol levels in check.
Pure Garcinia Cambogia has shown to be the most effective supplement form of HCA available, with its added health benefits, it can become not only a weight loss supplement but also an overall health supplement. Garcinia Cambogia can also help improve your complete lipid profile.
It lowers the concentration of LDL in your blood, as well as being a natural supplement. In addition to this, it increases the concentration of HDL or good cholesterol levels throughout the body. HCA also aims to target your belly fat, as well as improves your cardiovascular health.
This can have a major impact on your overall weight due to its ability to increase tolerance levels for intense cardiovascular workouts. In fact, HCA has shown to decrease lactic acid build up in the muscle, which allows and helps you to workout longer and harder, ultimately helping in complete weight loss.
Side Effects of Garcinia Cambogia
In clinical studies, researchers have found Garcinia cambogia to be a safe, well-tolerated oral supplement. Liquid oral supplementation found the same results as well.
Patients have exhibited no serious garcinia cambogia side effects when taking Garcinia cambogia for up to 12 continuous weeks.
12 weeks was the maximum length of studies performed for garcinia cambogia reviews.
Some users and patients did report some minor side effects of Garcinia cambogia, such as:
If you’re experiencing painful side effects after ingesting Garcinia cambogia, then chances are that filaments and byproducts of Garcinia cambogia capsules are what’s causing the problems.
Low-quality pharmaceutical companies adding dangerous filler ingredients to their formulations for price cuts are the main causes of garcinia cambogia side effects.
In fact, pure garcinia Cambogia extract has shown little to no side effects when compared to low-quality garcinia cambogia.
Garcinia cambogia side effects supplements can actually cause serious and dangerous side effects.
Today, there are thousands of dishonest Internet companies selling Garcinia cambogia extract online, and it might not even be garcinia cambogia.
The vast majority of these products and supplements that tout Garcinia Cambogia benefits are in fact not regulated nor checked by the FDA.
Due to the fact that the “Supplement” industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that extends itself through lobbyist who keeps the FDA and government from regulating supplements. In fact supplements, in general, are not regulated at all, rather the FDA regulates foods and drugs.
This can have a positive effect and also a negative effect depending on the manufacturers and suppliers of these ingredients.
The great advantage of slimming pills or weight loss tablets is that they are not at all expensive.
Shady manufacturers and suppliers will try to cut cost and profit as much as possible, making effective supplementation for the consumers unreliable.
I’m not discouraging the use of Garcinia cambogia rather I’m discouraging not finding pure garcinia cambogia extract.
Garcinia cambogia supplements, in many cases, contain very little Garcinia cambogia due to shady business from these manufacturers.
Instead, they contain trace amounts of G. cambogia extract along with high levels of caffeine and other filler ingredients that can have unwanted side effects and problems.
Ultimately only pure Garcinia cambogia extract has demonstrated benefits in clinical testing. But the main point of effective garcinia cambogia is its purity levels.
Pure garcinia cambogia extract is the best garcinia cambogia.
Nevertheless, you need to be careful where you buy garcinia cambogia from and which manufacturers you trust with your supplements.
The Even high rated websites can offer low-quality garcinia cambogia, so doing research and finding the right source can make all the difference in the world.
The information listed above isn’t provided to scare you or any users away from Garcinia cambogia; rather it is designed to keep you well informed of all risk before usage.
Dosage of Garcinia Cambogia
The effectiveness of Garcinia cambogia depends entirely on how you take it, and which garcinia cambogia you supplement with.
In all of the successful clinical tests conducted by researchers on Garcinia cambogia extract also known as HCA, showed that participants were instructed to exercise and eat a healthy diet while restricting their caloric intake.
No supplement or weight loss cure will ever be effective without the proper dieting and exercising.
This means that for garcinia cambogia to be effective in helping with weight loss, you must change your daily habits in order to fully absorb all the benefits.
Researchers showed that both placebo groups and HCA groups in case studies lost weight, but the HCA groups consistently lost more weight and experienced powerful appetite suppression along with other health benefits of garcinia cambogia.
This research has led many to conclude that Garcinia cambogia is a powerful weight loss and appetite suppression supplement.
HCA works especially well if you’re using Garcinia cambogia to supplement an existing workout regiments or dieting plan, as no supplement can be effective all on its own.
Garcinia cambogia will not help you lose weight without diet or exercise, and it’s that simple.
If you maintain a healthy diet and take the recommended dose of Garcinia cambogia extract per day, you may be able to lose more weight than someone who is eating the same diet and maintains the same exercise routine as you, at least according to current clinical studies and research.
How to use Garcinia Cambogia
If you’re supplementing Garcinia cambogia weight loss benefits as well as appetite suppression effects, it’s recommended you find a Garcinia cambogia supplement with at least 50% Hydroxycitric acid (HCA). The higher HCA the better the product, also search for purity levels of garcinia cambogia.
Liquid Forms of Garcinia Cambogia
You can also find Garcinia cambogia in the liquid form online or through a natural supplement store and is best for those who struggle with taking pill form or capsule forms of supplements.
When taking Garcinia cambogia as a liquid form, place one serving under your tongue 10 to 15 minutes before eating a meal.
This will allow the garcinia cambogia to be absorbed, allowing all the proposed benefits to start taking effect.
Those benefits of garcinia cambogia can be greatly noticed when supplemented before meals and food.
The majority of Garcinia cambogia liquid supplements consider one serving to be 1ml of the supplement, which works out to about 20 drops.
Make sure to supplement correctly in order to fully absorb all the benefits pure garcinia cambogia possesses.
Just like with the capsule form of garcinia cambogia, you should not drink or eat any foods or liquids for 15 minutes after ingesting Garcinia cambogia in order to enhance bioavailability. The bioavailability of garcinia cambogia is what is needed in order for fat not to get stored, as well as the complete use and transfer of food into energy.
You should also repeat the above dose before every meal of the day for full and effective results for garcinia cambogia weight loss.
Capsule forms of Garcinia Cambogia
The majority of all garcinia cambogia comes in pill or capsule form. Certain manufacturers provide vegetarian pill capsules for those who are vegetarians or vegans.
In order to fully utilize garcinia cambogia benefits, you should supplement with the pill form of garcinia cambogia 30 to 60 minutes before meals.
The recommended dosage of garcinia cambogia capsules is 500mg to 1000mg depending on how often you need to use the supplement.
As with the liquid form of pure garcinia cambogia extract, you should not eat or drink for 15 minutes to provide as much bioavailability of garcinia cambogia to your system as possible.
You should also repeat the above dose before every meal of the day for full and effective results for garcinia cambogia weight loss.
Garcinia cambogia has an unfair reputation as a dietary supplement “scam” and is in most part due to the low-quality forms of garcinia cambogia around in the supplement world.
The reputation of dangerous garcinia cambogia side effects comes from low-quality Garcinia cambogia extract. Low-quality garcinia cambogia comes from horrible manufacturers, many of which try to pass off dangerous caffeine-based formulations as some type of Garcinia cambogia extract.
This is what causes the majority of bad reviews when it comes to garcinia cambogia.
In clinical studies, Garcinia cambogia has proven to be an effective weight loss and appetite suppression tool in at least three major studies. These studies used and conducted its research with the highest and purest forms of garcinia cambogia.
These studies relied on the active ingredient within Garcinia cambogia, hydroxycitric acid (HCA). Pure HCA found little to no side effects in clinical studies.
When you are purchasing and buying Garcinia cambogia extract supplements online or through any supplement store, pick a supplement with at least 50% HCA content.
This will at least insure that the manufacturer providing garcinia cambogia has certain standards, and provides high levels of HCA.
Always make sure to purchase and buy from trusted manufacturers and trusted online sources.
Ultimately not only does the best Garcinia cambogia results come from combining the supplement with diet and exercise, but also purity levels of garcinia cambogia plays a vital role.
Garcinia cambogia is not a miracle pill or a loose weight fast scheme; rather it will effectively help in overall weight loss with your effort and hard work.
Garcinia cambogia, when taken properly, can lead to some surprising weight loss benefits and results.