What is the best way to take pure garcinia cambogia
Unlike other superfoods, though, it works by upping your satisfaction from the food you intake.
Fat-Loss Hope Or Hype: The Truth About Garcinia Cambogia
Some say it's hyped, but others say it's just misunderstood. Hear from the researcher behind the most important studies and make your own decision!
Garcinia cambogia, also known as the Malabar tamarind, is a small, sweet tropical tree fruit shaped like a pumpkin. In the late 1960s, scientists discovered an acid in the fruit somewhat similar to the citric acid found in fruits like oranges and lemons.
That acidвЂ”called hydroxycitric acid, or HCAвЂ”has ridden a rollercoaster ride of popularity over the last 20 years. It is alternately touted as a miracle weight loss supplement and derided as effective only in rats.
So where is the ride at now? Since late 2012, HCA has taken a steady ascent, and people around the world chat about "garcinia" like that's the name of their new personal trainer. (For the record, garcinia cambogia, hydroxycitic acid, and HCA all refer to the same thing. I'll stick primarily to HCA here to keep it simple). It can feel like anyone with even a passing interest in supplements has gotten asked by a small army of friends, loved ones, and cab drivers: "Is garcinia legit?"
So . is it? Knowing what I know now, this question sounds a little like asking, "Is a hammer legit?" It depends on the hammer and the person swinging it, right? So here's the deal: HCA isn't a miracle; it's a tool. Anyone who has ever suffered the indignity of smashing their finger with a hammer can attest that tools only work when you know what to do with them and then follow through on that knowledge.
Luckily, in recent years we've learned a lot about not only what HCA supplements do in the body, but also how you can make the most of them. Here's what you need to know about this blockbuster fat-loss supplement.
HCA's Early Promise
HCA got its first taste of widespread popularity back in the '90s, after a number of studies concluded that it causedВ weight lossВ in animals. One thing we know is that HCA blocks a portion of an enzyme called citrate lyase, which helps turn sugars and starches into fat.
Block that enzyme, and carbohydrates get diverted into energy production rather than accumulating as body fat. Then, when you burn fat through effective training, there's less to replace it, and your overall fat level goes down.
HCA also seems to have an ability to helpВ suppress the appetite, but not in the same way as a stimulant-basedВ diet pill. Rather, it increases the level of satietyвЂ”satisfaction you receive from foodвЂ”making it easier to eat less. The mechanism by which it achieves this isn't entirely clear yet. The late great nutritionist Shari Lieberman suggested that a metabolic change brought on by HCA may send an appetite-suppressing signal to the brain via the amino acidВ 5-hydroxytryptophan, which is a direct precursor to the so-called "happy hormone," serotonin. Given that subsequent studies have shown elevated serotonin levels in subjects who took HCA supplements, she was likely on to something.
With these two impressive bullet points in its favor, HCA seemed on the verge of the big time, but the buzz faded quickly after a large study published in 1998 in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded that it had "no effect" on human subjects.
End of the line, right? Not quite. Subsequent research has produced some very different conclusions and helped convince me, among many other previously skeptical people, that HCA has real potential as a weight-loss supplement.
It's All About How You Take It
A few years after the lackluster results in the JAMA study, I had the opportunity to talk about HCA with Harry Preuss, a researcher and pathologist at Georgetown University, who saw enough to like about HCA to keep researching it after its popularity had waned.
In fact, Garcinia has been used for centuries in the East to aid in weight loss and appetite suppression.
Preuss, a past president of the American College of Nutrition, told me he thought the previous studies were discouraging but not conclusive.
He decided to take a closer look. "You have to take the right dose of the right product, and you have to take it properly," he told me. "In the JAMA study, they used whatever the dose was at the time, and they never even mentioned the type of citrate they used. You have to give enough so that it reaches the sites in the body that it needs to reach." In recent years, Dr. Preuss has continued to hammer on the idea that maximizing bioavailability with HCA is crucial for its success. Fail to prioritize it, and you set yourselfвЂ”or your study, in the JAMA's caseвЂ”to fail.
It's an old story. Vitamin studies are often done by people who use the wrong dose or the wrong form, and then seem almost gleeful when they're able to proclaim that the supplements "don't work." Prejudice confirmed; case closed.
Dr. Preuss, who went on to lead the most promising human studies into HCA, points out that there are three different forms of hydroxycitrates: those which are blended with calcium, potassium, or magnesium salts. The reason to add these salts is to decrease the degradation of free HCA into HCA lactone, an inactive form of the compound. These salts, which are added at a 1-to-1 or higher ratio in most commercial HCA supplements, also help your body more easily absorb the hydroxycitrate.
"If you have almost a pure calcium hydroxycitrate, it's just not going to work," he told me. He said he prefers hydroxycitrate that is bound to both calcium and potassium; he says the bond dramatically increases the absorption and effectiveness of HCA.
Dr. Preuss and his colleagues put this premise to the test in a study where they followed 30 healthy but overweight people ages 21-50 over an 8-week period. All of the subjects consumed a diet of 2,000 calories per day and walked for half an hour five days per week. One group was given Super CitriMax, a patented form of HCA bound with both calcium and potassium. The other group was given a placebo. At the end of the study, the placebo group had lost an average of three pounds, but the HCA group had lost an average of 12 poundsвЂ”a whopping 400 percent more weight. Their average BMI fell by 6.3 percent; in the placebo group, it fell only 1.7 percent.
To top it off, the HCA group experienced an almost double boost in serotonin levels compared to the placebo group. Higher serotonin levels are associated with fewer cravings, as well as a greater sense of calm. In a second similar study, Preuss and his colleagues tested 60 people, and this time, the HCA group lost an average of 10.5 pounds compared to the placebo group, which lost an average of 3.5 pounds.
"Perhaps the most remarkable result was in appetite control," Preuss says of the second study. "The placebo group had no change, but the HCA group had a 16 percent reduction in the amount of food they ate per meal!"
The Right Way To Supplement With HCA
It's far too easy to view supplements purely from the perspective of either "I take it" or "I don't take it." With some supplements, that's precise enough to see an effect.
30 The utilization of respiratory gases was reduced for mice treated with HCA at rest and during exercise.
Putting It All Together — Creating Your Own Weight Loss Plateau Busting Plan Hitting a plateau is frustrating and discouraging.
But the lesson here is thatВ how you take HCA matters. As such, Preuss has taken the new wave of HCA popularity as an opportunity to remind us all about how to get the most out of this supplement, most recently in a paper he co-authored for the Alliance for Natural Health in 2013 titled "Garcinia Cambogia: How to Optimize its Effects."
Here are Preuss' recommendations:
- Choose a preparation that is at a minimum 50 percent HCA and is not composed wholly of calcium salts: Make sure potassium (K) and/or magnesium (Mg) is present. If the product has a low lactone content, that is even better.
- Be sure to take an adequate dose. For a Ca/K preparation used successfully and reported in a peer-reviewed publication, the dose of extract was near 1.5 g, three times per day before meals. In this 60 percent HCA preparation, that approximates 0.9 g of HCA prior to each meal.
- Take the preparation on an empty stomach, i.e., 30-60 minutes before each meal.
- Remember, "If you don't comply, don't complain." Take the right dose at the right time.
Note that he says "near" 1.5 g three times daily. Why not exactly 1.5? Given that HCA supplements come in a range of potencies and mixtures, it can be hard to be exact. Aim for the 1.5 g benchmark, but don't be obsessive.
Why on an empty stomach? It takes advantage of the appetite-curbing effect of the supplement, but even more important, HCA needs some space to work its magic.
"In the presence of food, the hydroxycitrate salt can bind to some of the components in the meal and be inactivated," Preuss writes. "This is called the 'food effect' and can seriously reduce the bioavailability of a number of supplements, not just HCA."
Follow these guidelines, andВ HCAВ can be an addition to your arsenal. Side effects are rare at the kind of reasonable doses that Preuss recommends, and since it's not a stimulant, you don't need to worry about it affecting your sleep or mood. If you're looking to control your weight and are committed to eating right and working out, don't be afraid to add this popular supplement into the mix!
What is the best way to take pure garcinia cambogia
Overview of Garcinia Cambogia: Why Is the Media Buzzing About It?
Garcinia cambogia extract is touted as the most exciting breakthrough in the world of natural weight loss. This statement was made by TV's most famous doctor. In 2012, in one of his episodes in his popular TV show, he featured garcinia cambogia, calling it "The Newest, Fastest Fat Buster". Immediately, garcinia cambogia became a national sensation, establishing the supplement as a household name in weight loss supplements.
So what is garcinia cambogia extract and how does it work? Let's take a look at its origins, the studies that have been done, and how you can make the most of it.
It is important to note, however, that Dr. Oz does not, and has never endorsed a particular garcinia cambogia supplement brand. He merely recommends the extract as a general way to lose weight, but he does not prefer any specific company or brand that sells the supplement.
A Brief Information on Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia cambogia is a fruit native to the regions of Indonesia, as well as in India and several parts of Southeast Asia.
Most people talk about how much weight they have lost in their e-mails.
It's a tiny fruit that looks like a small pumpkin, often found in green or purple color. It is mainly used in traditional Southeast Asian dishes, known primarily for their "filling" properties.
Scientists who studied the plant discovered that the filling properties of garcinia cambogia are mostly found in the fruit's rind, where large amounts of Hydroxycitric Acid or HCA are found. Experts conclude that HCA is responsible for this incredible appetite suppressing ability, and decided to make further studies on the fruit.
In supplement form, HCA is known to be an effective anti-obesity solution.
The 2 Mechanisms of HCA that Aid Weight Loss
HCA does 2 things to your body to help you lose weight: Blocks Fat and Suppresses Appetite.
- Blocks Fat – HCA stops the formation of fat cells through the inhibition of citrate lyase. This enzyme is the one responsible for turning the sugar or carbs that you eat into fat deposits, especially when not used right away. Somehow, HCA stops citrate lyase from doing so, helping your body prevent the production of fat so you no longer gain weight and produce fat in your belly, your thighs, your arms, and all the unsightly places in your body.
- Suppresses Appetite – HCA does this through serotonin increase. If you're not familiar with this neurotransmitter, it's actually a very popular chemical in the body responsible for your jolly disposition. It is mostly popular in anti-depressant medication, as it effectively lifts mood and regulates sleep patterns.
People who have low levels of serotonin, experience depression, aggression, and anxiety, driving them to emotional eating. When taking garcinia cambogia supplements, serotonin levels are increased, therefore, preventing this drive from occurring. It curbs your hunger, and helps you to eat less since you are already feeling good about yourself and don't need to use food to feel better emotionally.
How Effective is Garcinia Cambogia Extract? Here are 3 Studies to Prove its Efficiency:
- In a study found on the website of The Dr. Oz Show blog, a study was made with 60 obese individuals over a period of 8 weeks. This group of people were divided into 2 groups, where 1 group took 1320mg of HCA per day while on a 1200 calorie-restricted diet, and the other group took placebo pills. At the end of the study, the 1st group lost an average of 14 lbs. over the placebo group who lost an average of 6 lbs. The first group also reported to a reduction of appetite.
- In a study found on the website of the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, Preuss HG and others did a study on Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, studying the bioavailability of HCA. After an 8 week study of 60 moderately obese subjects in Elluru, India, the research group concluded that HCA can be an effective solution to reduce excess body weight and body mass index, as well as promote healthy levels of blood lipids.
- In another study found in the similar website as study #2, Downs BW and others concluded that HCA is shown to increase serotonin, increase fat oxidation, reduce appetite, increase blood lipids, and reduce body weight.
How to Take Full Advantage of Garcinia Cambogia Extract
While diet and exercise are not required when you start using garcinia cambogia extract, they are highly recommended.
In any event, you should report such damage to Vita Balance Inc within 30 days and arrange return.
With proper weight loss efforts, using the supplement can cause double or triple your average monthly weight loss. For anyone doing moderate exercise and eating properly portioned meals, the average weight loss can be 2-4 lbs. within one month.
Garcinia cambogia extract supplements are found everywhere, in retail stores and mostly online. It is because of its massive popularity that you need to take extra precautions when choosing to buy a particular brand. Here are the things a garcinia cambogia brand must have to be considered safe and effective:
- The label on the bottle must have "Garcinia Cambogia," "GCE," or "HCA."
- It must have at least 50% pure HCA
- It must provide a dosage between 500-1000mg in every capsule
- The list of ingredients must be labeled with no fillers and artificial ingredients
BodyBloom Cambogia The Bestselling Garcinia Cambogia
Meeting all the criteria set in the industry for a genuinely authentic garcinia cambogia supplement, BodyBloom Garcinia Cambogia is one of the national best sellers! Many of the satisfied customers are using BodyBloom Garcinia Cambogiatoday because of these features:
- Contains 60% HCA
- Provides 250mg in every capsule
- Made of 100% natural ingredients with potassium and calcium and no binders, fillers, or artificial ingredients
- Made in FDA registered manufacturing facilities that are also GMP-certified
- Made 100% in the USA with a 30-day Money Back Guarantee
Available through their official website, start your journey to your best body ever!
FAST, FREE SHIPPING (not always offered) FOR A LIMITED TIME!
BodyBloom Garcinia Cambogia is becoming more and more popular and stocks are running out of supply, get your dose of healthy and natural weight loss through BodyBloom Garcinia Cambogia.
How to Take Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia Cambogia is a native Indonesian fruit and Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA) is the extract found in its rind. HCA is used in various weight loss systems because it makes a person feel full after they have consumed it.
HCA is also an excellent appetite suppressant and stops fat from getting absorbed in the body. Because of these wonderful properties of HCA, supplements of weight loss often use this ingredient to make their product more effective. In order to stimulate weight loss, there are restrictions on how to take Garcinia Cambogia and also, when to take it.
• Capsule Form of Garcinia Cambogia – In order to lose weight using Garcinia Cambogia, the HCA content in the capsules that are purchased needs to be at least 60%. 60% HCA Garcinia Cambogia capsules are available with a lot of suppliers. The capsules should be taken before every meal and can be ingested with water. It is important that the timing of this ingestion is an hour prior to the meal and must fall around 500 to 1000 mg.
The reviewers couldn't say for sure that the weight loss was because of the supplement.
In order to reach this 500 to 1000 mg mark and depending on the HCA content, multiple capsules might have to be ingested before meals.
• Liquid Form of Garcinia Cambogia – The liquid form of Garcinia Cambogia also needs to have 60% HCA content in order to be effectively used for weight loss. The timing of consuming Garcinia Cambogia in this form is slightly different from the capsule form. In liquid form, Garcinia Cambogia needs to be consumed 10 – 15 minutes before the meal.
Using the dropper, about 20 drops or 1 ml of Garcinia Cambogia liquid needs to be placed on the tongue. This is equal to one serving. After taking this liquid, no meals or liquids should be taken for about 15 minutes. Repeating this before every meal will ensure that Garcinia Cambogia works.
• Importance of Following Proper Routine of Consumption – The idea behind taking Garcinia Cambogia capsules and liquid prior to meals is to ensure that the body absorbs the supplement properly. With liquid form, it is easier to absorb HCA into the bloodstream and thus, the timing is less (15 minutes) as compared to the capsule form where the timing is relatively more (60 minutes).
In fact, if this timing is not followed and the Garcinia Cambogia supplement is taken before absorption, the side effect of stomach complications and upsets might be experienced. For best results, specific times should be set aside before meals for proper consumption of Garcinia Cambogia.
• 4 Hour Gap – It is important that two doses of Garcinia Cambogia have a gap of at least 4 hours between them. Thus, people should not take more than the recommend doses by increasing the frequency of their meals. It would not lead to better results or aid in faster weight loss.
Before the next pill is taken, the previous pill needs to be absorbed in the bloodstream and has to work its magic. The gap should not be more than 8 hours because then, fat absorption would not be stopped by HCA all day long.
• Most Important Dose – Pre Breakfast – The importance and purpose of the pre-breakfast dose is far greater than other doses of Garcinia Cambogia. This is because since the stomach is empty when a person wakes up in the morning, the pre-breakfast time gives ideal conditions for the Garcinia Cambogia supplement to be absorbed in the body and work its magic. The HCA levels are low after 8+ hours of sleep as well. It is never recommended to skip this dose.
A regular and routine consumption pattern can often make the effects of Garcinia Cambogia better.